Got my RS3 8V.2 APR Stage 1 tuned

TTE Si

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Got my AUDI RS3 8v.2 tuned with APR Stage 1 Software a few days ago with every thing apart being all stock

Loving the APR OBD dongle and APR app for map switching, logging and code checking
1f44c_1f3fc.png

4 Maps loaded 98ron / 102ron / 109ron / E85

Made 473hp & 460ft lbs (480ps&624Nm)crank on 98 ron (30deg Ambient) on Dynojet

Big thanks to AWESOME GTI APR UK for the hospitality and work
1f44f_1f3fb.png
on the car.

Got some data on a private road, full weight car with 99ron and luggage on board, Ambient temp 25c. This was first try so real world conditions...

0-60 mph 3.4sec
60-130 mph 9.59 sec
1/4 mile 11.35sec @121mph
1/2 mile 18.00sec @146mph

100-200 kmh 8.02sec

All runs validated and ranked on Dragy (GPS timing).

Over the next few weeks ill work on the times and ive got an 1/4 mile event coming up ill enter. Also to be noted I have one crap cheap china tire on the front due to a blow out and I just bought what I could on a Sunday to get home... New set of nice rubber coming very soon

Reactions: Russrs3, Terminator x, jimojameso and 9 others
It’s a lovely looking car Simon. You be well leased with the results. Enjoy. :)

Reactions: Deep penetrator and TTE Si
Nice one mate, keep us updated with some Dragy times.

I’ve got the Revo Stage1 but I’ve not had chance to test out timings with my new Dragy unit yet.

Reactions: TTE Si
So stock you were putting out 417hp?

I would really like to see an RS3 against an M3/M4... As the power is within 10hp if these stock numbers are accurate. Add in the Quattro and lighter car and it must be faster than both those.

But these doesn’t seem to be any YouTube videos of that.

Reactions: Deep penetrator

I would really like to see an RS3 against an M3/M4... As the power is within 10hp if these stock numbers are accurate. Add in the Quattro and lighter car and it must be faster than both those.

I drive an M3 Competition Pack (450bhp) in January and I have to say it felt faster (from memory) than my RS3

Don’t know if it was the the torque coming in a big punch or not

It was squirming though even on a dry road

Keep trying with the 0-60, I had APR Stage 1 with same power results as you and got 3.15 secs using Dragy.

I seen a video of an admittedly slightly lighter TTRS up against an M4 competition from a roll all the way up to silly speeds on the autobahn and it was neck and neck.

Keep trying with the 0-60, I had APR Stage 1 with same power results as you and got 3.15 secs using Dragy.

Yeah the crap china tire is hurting it as im getting wheel hop now and again. New rubber all round this month and get the car empty i should see an improvement

As an owner of an M4 and F80 M3 Comp Pack I can 100% confirm that the RS3 is quicker every single time from standstill obviously, and when rolling there is absolutely nothing in it at all until your well over 100+ then the M slowly pulls away and this is stock v stock.

Now I’ve done the same tests with the Revo Stage1 and in every scenario whether it’s standing start or rolling the RS3 just runs away from the M.

Reactions: Terminator x, D0C and JohnBarsby1
Yeah the **** china tire is hurting it as im getting wheel hop now and again. New rubber all round this month and get the car empty i should see an improvement

I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres on Racingline R360 lightweight wheels so they will definitely be helping the times.

Mine did 11,90sec / 114,9mph stock @ 1/4 mile with dragy this weekend. Isnt 11,35 little slow with tune? (I dont know, thats why I ask)

Mine did 11,90sec / 114,9mph stock @ 1/4 mile with dragy this weekend. Isnt 11,35 little slow with tune? (I dont know, thats why I ask)

I do say was first try and with luggage and full tank and issue with wheel hop.... Look at the terminal speed i have that says power, but anyway no 11.35 is not slow at all its a real time for those conditions i feel and actually pretty good

I think APR got 11.1 in testing pump fuel so Simons 11.35 with luggage and poor tyres not bad at all.

I have no doubts he will get down to APR times once tyres sorted and set up correctly.

Then switch files and hit the 10s on E85 tune!

Look forward to seeing how you progress. always like you updates on testing.

Watch that time drop... I'm certain ill hone that down, especially now I've added go faster badges and stickers LOL

Reactions: FBF01 and Deep penetrator

Stock v Stock - Close from Rolling till about 100 where m3 will pull ahead
Tuned rs3 vs stock M3 - Rs3 will pull ahead
Both Tune - M3 will pull ahead

These are all from rolling tests

For what its worth, my M3 has recently recorded a 100kph - 200kph time of 6.9 seconds

I haven't done any runs from a stand still, I know its only going to go one way (not mine!) :chuncky:

Stock v Stock - Close from Rolling till about 100 where m3 will pull ahead
Tuned rs3 vs stock M3 - Rs3 will pull ahead
Both Tune - M3 will pull ahead

These are all from rolling tests

For what its worth, my M3 has recently recorded a 100kph - 200kph time of 6.9 seconds

I haven't done any runs from a stand still, I know its only going to go one way (not mine!) :chuncky:
Long time, no see Billy!

Was your 100-200km/h time of 6.9s stock? Assuming tuned! If so, what have you had done?

Long time, no see Billy!

Was your 100-200km/h time of 6.9s stock? Assuming tuned! If so, what have you had done?

Hey buddy

Sorry no should have stated, car is running a map. Stock m3/4 is somewhere between 8.4 and 9 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x, D0C and FBF01
Yeah could you take a pic of the maxton spoiler mate?
Very easy to fit yourself?

Yeah fitted my self. Its easy enough just need be careful as get 1 shot to get it right. maybe more easy with two people

Reactions: FBF01 and Deep penetrator
one thing I forgot to mention and I am using is the APR dongle anti-theft function. It disables the throttle peddle so even if a thief gets your key the car is disabled :thumbs up:

Reactions: wuta3, DW81, Terminator x and 2 others
one thing I forgot to mention and I am using is the APR dongle anti-theft function. It disables the throttle peddle so even if a thief gets your key the car is disabled :thumbs up:
Whats your thoughts on the dongle apart from the theft option, dont know whether to get the dongle or put the money towards VCDS

Got to have it IMHO. Looking at the guidebook you get with the APR stage 1 software, without a dongle I just feel would be a nightmare to switch maps as I will be doing for events. Maybe ok if you don't really intend to switch but really that was a big attraction to APR software for me.

The logging feature to check if is pulling timing as example is a key thing for me as i do and have logged using VCDS but i can now just use my Iphone. Alos the fact you can check and delete for any engine fault codes is cool

Ok so replaced my china tire for a p-zero and decided last night at 3am to go out and have a play.

New improved times
1f60e.png

0-60mph 3.3 sec
100-200kmh 7.88 sec
1/4 mile 11.2 sec

Full weight 3/4 full tank of vpower and even had baby seat in the rear. Car is still totally stock apart from APR Stg1 tune. Was cooler 12c ambient temps

Dragy GPS timer
#RS3 #APR #STAGE1 #GOAPR

Reactions: FBF01, aussieR, Seanix and 3 others
Hi guys ,

have any of you had any issues with the APR tune ? im debating whether to get a tune and scared something might go boom.

Hi guys ,

have any of you had any issues with the APR tune ? im debating whether to get a tune and scared something might go boom.

Only issue i had is with E85 Tune but stage 1 fine and I don't know of one car to have had issues tbh. Its quite a safe mild boost tune.

Same with UNITRONIC stages

I am now Stage 3 UNITRONIC TTE700 98ron tune

Last edited:
Reactions: wuta3 and 8YARWY