Got my OEM style parking sensors installed.

Wicked666

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
Thanks to Jonny at JMB Retrofits, got them professionally installed for a fantastic price.

This is what I originally paid Audi £300 for! Stood out quite a bit from the bumper
IMG_2569-1_zps3398540e.jpg

Someone went into my bumper when we last had some snow so had it replaced and did not get these sensors reinstalled.

Lots of snow in the morning but the S3 coped with the journey fine
IMG_3426_zps761dd075.jpg

Not straightforward taking off the bumper
IMG_3433_zpsb72e1a83.jpg

IMG_3434_zpsc348b0e3.jpg

IMG_3435_zpsa9abe9b1.jpg

Car is filthy but sensors look and work great!
IMG_3436_zpsbdc887aa.jpg

Cheers JMB!

Looks really good mate. Are they the cobra ones? I have a set ready painted on the shelf and ready to fit. Just waiting for better weather so I can start pestering our Nigel to come and fit them :)

Yep - Cobra ones. Work as they should but look fab. Yeah def need some better weather. I need a weekend with no rain so I can wash the car! Considering going to a hand car wash place for now and then detailing properly myself in the summer.

Cool. I think they are the best looking after market ones currently available.

I hear ya about the car washing. I swore I'd never go to a hand car wash after having the car detailed by a friend before Xmas but I finally caved today. It was ****** filthy and it's so cold, plus I haven't had the time the last couple of weekends. It looks so much nicer clean. ****** black cars.

Like you said, I'll give her a proper detail when it warms up and start building up that wax protection for the summer. If it ever ****** comes.

Perfect them now,never like the first ones ..

Link to product too? I assume these cant be too tough to DIY with some patience?

are these just new sensors that you got? or did you have to get new control unit also? any upclose pics?

Cost was £180 fully fitted for colour coded sensors and control unit. Needs to have its own control unit.

May be hard to do it yourself because of a special tool that is used to cut the holes perfectly. Wouldn't be able to get the same finish with a drill because of the curve in the bumper.

Last edited:
Cheers. Yeah got the LEDs but as its a MY2010 build its throwing up an error so will have to go back to normal bulbs unfortunately.

Did we not turn that off when you were plugged in? Very strange.

Speak to Trups when he's back and get some A5 ones in there!

Cost was £180 fully fitted for colour coded sensors and control unit. Needs to have its own control unit.

May be hard to do it yourself because of a special tool that is used to cut the holes perfectly. Wouldn't be able to get the same finish with a drill because of the curve in the bumper.

Here's that exact tool in action! I wouldn't say this is a DIY unless you felt very confident in doing this sort of thing!

IMG_0461_zps2efbe9f8.jpg

Did we not turn that off when you were plugged in? Very strange.

Speak to Trups when he's back and get some A5 ones in there!

Unfortunately we tried it but unable to get LEDs to work on 2010 cars. Trups is busy making some new ones with resistors so will get them when completed.

Bump for information. Where would one get such a tool as this?

I have been experimenting with a step drill with some sucess at drilling holes, but not 100% every time, so not confident in drilling into my OEM bumper just yet!

This tool would eliminate any errors I think.

Bump for info on where to get this bumper hole cutting tool? anyone?