Facelift Got locked IN the vehicle with convenience key.

AllStar

Reaction score
Got locked IN the vehicle with convenience key.

As unbelievable as it may sound I managed to fully lock myself in my S3 tonight.

Car is just back from warranty repair and service but they must have reset the lock codes as my usual key wouldn’t unlock. So tonight i planned to sort this out. I unlocked it using the physical non working key got it and shut the door. Tried holding the key up to the sensor pushed the start button etc but nothing happens. I was just about to grab the manual when the doors all auto locked.

OK I’ll just open the door. Nope. Alarm now going off. Press the door unlock button on the door handle. Nope. Erm.. push more buttons anything please open! Nope nope nope. Keep really still and take deep breaths. nope alarm still going. Phone the wife who sent sister-in-law out with spare key (the one that went to the garage) and managed to free me.

So beware everyone if your key is acting up and you’re trying to work out why don’t shut the door.

Reactions: Leevr, Audi Bairn, TonkS3 and 3 others
I can’t help but lol at this

Reactions: Phutters, rcnacura, TonkS3 and 1 other person
It had me going for a bit I can tell you. I think the only other option would have been to go out the back using the hidden boot release. Except I’m not entirely sure where exactly it’s hidden.

Reactions: Foshiznik and Audi Bairn
It had me going for a bit I can tell you. I think the only other option would have been to go out the back using the hidden boot release. Except I’m not entirely sure where exactly it’s hidden.

In the sportback its a little plastic cover directly behind the boot latch/prong on the boot lid itself; just remove and pull the cord/cable and you are free.

Reactions: AllStar
Thanks for that. Will check later and maybe have a dry run practice for the next time it happens !

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I locked my girlfriend in the other day messing about and went into the house thinking that she’d just be able to press the drivers door unlock button. After 2 missed calls I popped out to be greeted with a rather unimpressed look.

Reactions: Foshiznik, SamR92, tyr92 and 1 other person
I can’t help but lol at this

Sorry but same here.

No one will ever convince me that the advanced key option isn't a total waste of money which lowers security and apparently goes haywire and locks you in the car, all in exchange for a tiny bit of added convenience :p

(light the blue touch-paper and retire :D )

Reactions: Phutters and SamR92
I’m loling at this too; but also slightly panicked as I have the advanced key.. being locked in the car with limited means of escape is my idea of a nightmare

I’m happy that the advanced key is reliable under normal use but beware if car has been in for service and you switch to your spare key.

You just don’t know what messing about the garage might have done during service / repair.