Got into to some trouble, destoyed a pipe!

emery1990

Reaction score
on the engine ,front right ,theres that rubber triangular componant, the top of it leads to the intake pipe whilst the other two just go down and out of site, well i ripped this clean in half putting in my dump valve, i know why it ripped, was a stupid now i think about it, atm this is just hed back together with zip ties, is this thing expensive to by, is it ok to drive on with ties, like to the garage to get it fixed ?

3295333758_877c5bcea9.jpg

Can you see it in this pic?

T

Or on this one? (ignore the yellow circle...its from another thread I did an age ago)

3295331252_47b8cecd39.jpg

yeah alright we could be here all day, if the fella with the problem can say where the general area is, that would be a massive help

sorry was busy yesterday and out at night. heres a pic.

Also with the jubalee clips, how do you get hte ones off that havnt got a screw, just a squashed bit of metal on it, thats how i broke this pipe, struggling to get off the jubilee clips from the dv, got screw ones now though.

Looks like its got a part number on it from what I can see. Take the number down and get on the phone to Audi for a price. I cant see it costing very much to be honest.

How did you manage that fitting your DV though?!

It's an oil breather pipe. It's a common problem(aren't they all) for this to break where you've repaired it anyway. Mine went back in December. It will be fine to drive if you patch it up with tape for a temporary fix but a replacement part from the stealers is about £34 if I recall correctly. A rip off for a piece of rubber I know but I couldn't find it anywhere else. Five minutes to fix. Just 3 clips.

ha because, i was using a flat head to try and force them stupid jubiclips off, i couldnt fit a junior hacksaw to cut it,, heres where im quite embarrased about, i could twait for the engine to cool down, so the rubber was really soft, you could rip it by pinching and twisting the rubber was very disintergrated, the inside was just crumbling away, least i can still drive it, them zips ties doing a good job. ill go now to audi actually.

Yerended up costing 37 quid. But I got 4 engine cover bolts !

Bend over, and Would you like some Lube sir !! ( tho i am sure it would be special VAG Lube)

OUCH! for a bit of breather pipe.

lol My mum went in for me as I'm at work. I wouldn't of paid ! But apperently there heard to come across.

Ebay :haudrauf:, just ordered the same pipe in red silicone.

What the oil breather pipe. I tried eBay. You got a link. I'll cancel it otherwise.