Gops' Subtle mod thread

So today i rock up at Badger 5 at 9:45am! Surprise Bill with a few crackles from the beema and im immediately greeted by this sexy car...

IMG 1772

I bought some proper rims and tyres down so Bill can let loose on the car properly. Also cleaned out the interior as it was nasty. Its been sitting for some time so naturally you get the odd mould spore! but all cleaned out freshened up inside and even put up an air freshener!

IMG 1773
IMG 1771
IMG 1770

The car is awaiting a battery and alternator, after being in the wet so long its probs just pooped itself. The car leaks like a Sieve and i realised today that its because of the windscreen, its always seemed to have let some water in.

Parts on order:

Alternator
battery
IE fuel rail and stuff that goes with it
anything else that breaks in the process!

The car did look really good, still has old fuel in it from last year which isnt ideal. Also need to get the sub working again as i broke that a while back. the RNSE still works though!!

Going tomorrow hopefully to clean the car, maybe even give her a polish.. see how the day pans out :)

Reactions: Prawn, s3 Hoggy, Goubo1 and 2 others
IMG 2521

End of the Road. Hit a bump and lost it. No one was involved or hurt thankfully.

Engine looks ok. But Im done for now, so one for now. Possibly forever, we've had fun together. But like all good things, its come to an end.

All parts salvageable engine back are for sale. ECU goes back to Badger 5.

Keep an eye out in the for sale section. you'll see me breaking whats left.

Holy ****!!!! Glad you are ok and not hurt after that. Sad times :(

Man!

Gutted for you mate,hope you can find some good out of the bad.

Glad you're OK.

The car did it's job and looked after you till the end.

Good luck for the future.

Reactions: Gops
Dude!!!!...

Glad you are ok man... wazzup me l8z....

JoJo will buy it back from you... he seems to be accumulating problematic S3's lol ;)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: desertstorm and Nilz
Oh no @Gops Such a shame, glad to hear you are ok though mate!!

Dude no fkn way absolutely gutted for you know how much time and effort you and bill put into the beast,

It's a devistation as I absolutely loved the car more than anything but i guess it's time to let go and move on. I have a lovely M2 on order for this year so I guess it's time to just move into the next thing. Maybe one day I'll come back but I doubt it'll be in an 8L, I can't replace this one.

Thanks for the concern guys.

Reactions: rhubarb4, Nilz and superkarl
Oh mate. :(

The car may well be dead, but more importantly, you, and the legendary story of Gops and the 600bhp S3, live to see another day.

A sad day indeed :(

Dude :(
Glad to hear you're ok, the rest is just machinery that can be replaced when the time comes.

I will want another Quattro but maybe in another form. Something that @badger5 can play with :)

Ahhhh sucks to hear this man! this is one of the builds i've kept coming back to the 8l section to check on. Glad you're ok though. And enjoy the M2!

sorry to hear about this, onwards and upwards I suppose - and a bun fight for your chrome mirrors :)

Mate!!!!! So sad to see this! Glad to hear your ok could of been a lot worse in that monster!
Is there no way you can go through insurance?
I think you should buy that tidy Misano S3 on here thats in need of a new turbo...

Sorry to hear this dude!
I've been a reader in the shadows for a while and loved the car!
Glad your ok and look forward to where you go from here

Thanks guys appreciate the Kind words. I'll put up a list of all the parts for sale soon. Some of them I won't put a price to because they need Inspecting before I sell just to make sure they're ok and not damaged. Bear with me as I work 7 days a week lately so time to break is minimal and it's cold so that makes it worse! However you're welcome to take it off yourself. But I'll stick to forum rules and post it in the classifieds shortly.

I've already got a seat Ibiza as a run around so I'm still in VAG. As it was free I can't deny that. My M2 will be nice, opted for a 2018 facelift with allllllll the goodies. Great looking car that's rare sight nowadays.

Reactions: StaceyS3
Sorry to see it gops and glad your ok and in one piece!

Look forward to your next venture, don't play with the gay BM though

Sorry to read about this mate. You put a lot of effort into that car!!!
Still, your ok, which is the main thing.
Good luck with the BMW.
Friend of mine popped over the other weekend in his new M240i
Nice car (nearly as nice as an 8l)

Got excited to see some activity on your thread, open it up to find this and die a little inside. Another one bites the dust :(
Metal and plastic though mate, as long as your ok.

The strip has started! It's actually quite emotional! The hardest part is stripping the car and looking back at it, knowing that she'll never look the same. :(

The strip has started! It's actually quite emotional! The hardest part is stripping the car and looking back at it, knowing that she'll never look the same. :(

Feel sad for you mate but try to think of it as being an organ donor,it's life has come to an end,but by doing this you are extending the life of others so in part your S3 will live on for many years to come.

There will always be a little bit of 'Gops' bombing down some road somewhere.plus you get a 'fist full of dollars' as a reward for enhancing a bunch of classic S3's :yes:

Hopefully most big parts will go to another new B5 build. I actually wanted it to go to another badger 5 build rather than recoup the money. I wish i could rebuilt it but its far gone and Ive let it go. As long as most of the parts go to good homes, im good with it!

Plus Who says we cant have a Badger 5 BMW M2? I think that sounds good. innit @badger5 ;)

Reactions: Nilz, jojo, Goubo1 and 1 other person