Gops' Subtle mod thread

This thread lacks videos !

Well done on the motor Gops, very jealous !

Reactions: A3-Lee and crispynz1
So I've been up to pretty much nothing! I've killed a MAF.. or it killed itself really! Changed that.. Then I wanted to sort out this little issue I had with my RNSE. I was with Tuffty when he put his in and his worked perfectly. Mine wasn't quite that way. I could never get the DIS to display any track info (also had lines through the DIS) and the RNSE kept resetting and turning the volume down. This puzzled me but then I thought, why did tufftys work and mine didn't? Facelift clocks! I got me one for £35 with a fully working DIS! So I popped up to see @byzan at badger5 who kindly extracted the SKC for these clocks for me.. Took a while since I didn't plug the connections into the clocks properly!! DOH!

so heres what it looked like before with PFL clocks..

IMG_8198.jpg

As you can see its not the best.. its actually much worse, for some reason it was behaving that day..

With FL clocks:

IMG_8579.jpg

Busting out the lenny kravitz!

Everything works as it should!! Another thing that worked well was the clock sync to the RNSE. A common problem with the A6 guys too was when it hit 4pm the RNSE would spaz out and go 5 hours infront until around 8pm? Some sort of communication issue I guess.. FL clocks had fixed it all. works perfect and the RNSE hasn't reset since! So if you have a PFL S3 and want the RNSE, make sure you get FL clocks too if you want them to work!

B927B705-F266-4865-866F-95B9ACD4DAE8.jpg

She's also been christened.. ;)

Reactions: vivalacoulter, Nilz, jojo and 3 others
This build tempts me so bad, but I'd be too scared to break something during hyperspeed!

Well done all on a great build :)

Who'd have thought it possible...

I know what you mean
605bhp!!!!
I'd be happy with only 604bhp!!!!

Reactions: vivalacoulter
Just to make a few people happy.. I finally found an 8V S3... And completely destroyed it like it was a micra. Haha. 8L ftw mofo!

Mods.. Can I post this in the 8V section for some "banter"? :)

Reactions: SamHendry, dusty, Nilz and 4 others
605bhp and your racing s3's
I think you need to focus on bikes mate!!

Reactions: S3AMJ, StaceyS3 and SamHendry
I've already done a GTR. Didn't want to waste any more fuel on them really. 8V drivers just seem more fun to shatter their 40k dreams! :)

Reactions: SamHendry, Tj 0785, Nilz and 3 others
I've raced a golf r and breezed past it comfortably so I cannot imagine what you must have left the s3 like.
Defo would like some footage of this car.

Reactions: GeorgieS3
I've raced a golf r and breezed past it comfortably so I cannot imagine what you must have left the s3 like.
Defo would like some footage of this car.

I bet they loved that... Would be so much better if you could see their reaction.

I'm still waiting for my passenger ride gops :sunglasses:

Reactions: jojo
I've had a long week!! Coolant flange split again! So I replaced that and my AIT sensor since that shat itself too! All was well.. Running beautiful until my ABS light came up!?!?

Scanned on vcds but no comms. Started to weep at this point but I bravely checked the fuses in the engine bay, cleaned up some terminals since there was a thin metal wire there.. Still nothing so I checked the fuse on the dash. Hey ho the 5amp fuse had blown. No worries I'll just go to the petrol station but not one sold fuses!!!!! Ended up going far to get some fuses from a petrol station but realised I was boosting at half a bar!? This is getting crazy now! Popped the fuse in and fixed the ABS. Now I have a n75 open circuit fault. And I have a wire broken on the n75 plug. *** how much crap in one day!! Gonna get the sparky at work to repin the connector and then join the broken wires.. Hope this works!! :(

Reactions: Nilz, rhubarb4 and jojo
I've had a long week!! Coolant flange split again! So I replaced that and my AIT sensor since that shat itself too! All was well.. Running beautiful until my ABS light came up!?!?

Scanned on vcds but no comms. Started to weep at this point but I bravely checked the fuses in the engine bay, cleaned up some terminals since there was a thin metal wire there.. Still nothing so I checked the fuse on the dash. Hey ho the 5amp fuse had blown. No worries I'll just go to the petrol station but not one sold fuses!!!!! Ended up going far to get some fuses from a petrol station but realised I was boosting at half a bar!? This is getting crazy now! Popped the fuse in and fixed the ABS. Now I have a n75 open circuit fault. And I have a wire broken on the n75 plug. *** how much **** in one day!! Gonna get the sparky at work to repin the connector and then join the broken wires.. Hope this works!! :(

We're not getting a passenger ride anytime soon Chris @rhubarb4 ...

Reactions: A3-Lee and rhubarb4

Was in map1 on an uphil section of the runway.. (Believe it or not runways do go uphil slightly!)

Almost as fast as jardo's a3!!

Reactions: Dani_B19, Essflee, A3-Lee and 6 others
HELLO ALL!

It's been a while. So lets update on whats been happening.

I had a few issues with the coolant flange cracking! So I changed that for a GSF made one. A couple of days later i had the whole thing blow off and coolant ****** everywhere. Changed it again for a genuine one but realised that the coolant pipes were rock solid. Can only mean that theres compression leaking into the coolant system.. Headgasket! It all stemmed from that over-rev incident so i was incredibly upset.

Got the car dropped off to badger 5 and just asked bill to fit it in whenever he had the chance, its been a long time as bill has literally had to do bits on it between jobs and races.

Valves didnt end up well.. bent after the over-rev issue.
IMG 0268

Car was bagged and stored whilst the workshop was full.
IMG 0809

But the head was reworked and ported and dimpled, Looks amazing!
IMG 1434

IMG 1460

Absolutely gorgeous!

So bill has put on a New manifold larger bore, new Garret hotside. The turbo has been in for a refresh and a new downpipe as the manifold tweeks the position of the turbo.

Bill sent me a few teasing pics and video on youtube of the car running in, sounds soo good to hear once again! IT's been a naughty car though giving bill a hard time due to standing for so long, but im popping up with some proper tyres and a few cleaning tools to clean the car out!

Enjoy the video.. updates once i receive them.

Reactions: IPG, Nathan Barnes, <tuffty/> and 4 others
That head is a real work of art!

Glad your back on the road dude :)

Tuffty's torque arrives earlier and its higher. His car would be quicker

You have a slight weight advantage over me though ;)

...when its not a maccy day of course...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Gops