Gops' Subtle mod thread

Well I've been tinkering more with the car! Changes the actuator to a Black widow turbo's actuator:
View attachment 16998

I gave her a service, most pipes are silicone! Now bills got it for an exhaust and custom map! Will see what happens when it's all done! Last time It dyno'd at 251bhp 270lb ft. I'm not really chasing numbers, as long as the car is healthy, I'm happy :)

all the best gops.
you've dont alot of good work on this to get it healthy so i hope you're made up with whatever results bill can come up with

Reactions: Gops
Thanks Karl! I try and keep her on top as she's getting old! That sounded really wrong lol but the exhaust seems to be coming along nicely :) for those on Facebook, check out the Badger 5 FB page!

968939_389920444459380_443831189_n.jpg

Reactions: StaceyS3 and Gizmo20VT
Shiney shiney likey :icon_thumright:

Looks wicked that does! Custom Map next :D little list of what I've done to get the car ready for this:
3" turbo back (badger 5 custom)
Wellycooler
b5 TIP with recent filter clean
catch can system
forge 007p recently serviced with new piston
new MAF
New N75 valve
New fuel pump
Almost all pipes replaced for silicone to eliminate boost leaks
Full service done just before it went to bills (although I didn't do the fuel filter but asked bill if he could kindly do it) :)
NGK BKR7E plugs
Beach buggy uprated Actuator
lots of Shell v power
some samosa's for Bill! Haha! I'm sure there's more but I can't think ATM lol. I did do a few sensors like crank and wheel speed sensors but that's because they failed.

Jeepers, no middle boxes on the exhaust. You planning on breaking the sound barrier :)

wont be that bad, resonated on 1.8T's = for girls ;)

Looking good Gops

Yes Jo! I'm waiting until a certain development has been completed before I change the turbo! :)

Reactions: jojo
Looking great Gops / Bill.

Very decent spec minus the current 'trendy' relentless manifold that'll fail anyway. be interested to see what can be made from it :)

Thank you guys :) it's so teasing as I haven't heard it yet but it should be nice as all of bills set ups are nice and quiet! I actually sold my relentless mani! It was a V3 and I had no real use for it! I was chatting to bill about the k04-64 setup as I was so interested in it, that would be my preferred reason for a rebuild! The best bit is, it's not that much more than a 1.8t k04 as your not buying a £300 mani! So that money will be saved for my future build.. So hurry up prawny ;)

Not at the moment Rav, bill is quite busy so will probably find out soon! The only real update is that bill has caned all the pakora's I got him!! Lol

I have a day off today to spend with MrsB (a rare day off to actually spend with my wife, who is good as gold with me, not getting too upset with me working 7 days/week, which is what I work.)

I am mapping yours and the leon tomorrow Gops..

More updates after then.

Reactions: Gops and jojo
Last time It dyno'd at 251bhp 270lb ft. I'm not really chasing numbers, as long as the car is healthy, I'm happy :)

Pretty much exactly what I had on mine from when I went to Bills:icon_thumright:

Really interested to see what you get from a stage 2 as I'm currently building upto it at present :)

I have a day off today to spend with MrsB (a rare day off to actually spend with my wife, who is good as gold with me, not getting too upset with me working 7 days/week, which is what I work.)

I am mapping yours and the leon tomorrow Gops..

More updates after then.

thats all good bill! Everyone should have a day off! Hope you and MrsB enjoy yourselves, seen a few pics on FB and I'm jealous, I'm stuck at home taking wallpaper off... Meh! But ooo I'm excitedddddd!

Lol your mum and dad had enough of you not doing it then gops! You collecting the car on Sunday? Pop down london sides after lol and then leave it here and take mine to bills!

I've had enough! I rather be at work than strip wallpaper, it's too long winded!! But I hope everything goes as planned for mapping!

okies.. Settled on to this as final figure.. Tamed down its torque from an earlier 293lbft badger torques to 278lbft (+16% Badger torques to get equivalency on rtech/jkm dyno)

6513_391795710938520_1282666381_n.jpg

Nice car Gops
Rare to see one perform and react well to mods and mapping.

Thanks bill! Over the moon here! Just shows that if you put time, effort and care then the car will be spot on!! I'm very pleased and can't wait to pick it up! Well worth the wait!

Great results there bill. Gops is a happychappy. He won't sleep tonight now!

Top result Gops. Was a fantastic car when I drove it 3 years ago, and now with loads of power to match :D

Thanks prawn! Could of had more torque but its more safe than sorry! No rods+lots of torque = pending disaster! Not bad for the old girl! She's done well :)

Wow...some serious updates on here, look forward to seeing the car mate, as im sure you are too...lol!!

Thanks Nilz! Haven't seen you for a while? Where you been hiding? Yeah man had some good updates here! Power wise it's spot on for me, I can't wait to drive the thing! I can't even sleep!!

Oh my just picked it up and it's ****** amazing!! Sooooo much better than before!! So when the cars warm its so responsive, when you want power it's there. I felt it first in 6th gear, I touched the pedal and it just flew!! When I got off the M42 and onto the A45, it sounded like a jet on boost, that exhaust is so free flowing but it's no where near droning, it's actually OEM quiet but it'll roar on throttle - just the way I wanted it!! All the gears it feels so powerful, I can't fault anything.

Again I have to thank badger 5, amazing work! Bill is a great person to speak to and you just have full confidence in him! Good meeting tuffty today too, had a few laughs! Enjoy the pakora's lol! Simply outstanding, so happy :) :) :) :) :)

Reactions: Nilz, badger5, superkarl and 1 other person
You'll want more power in a few months. This is how it begins, such a powerful drug :thumbsup:

haha true say! I'd of liked more power now but it's where I'm at in levels of rods. As soon as I get a house and enough cash... k04-64 here I come!!!

haha true say! I'd of liked more power now but it's where I'm at in levels of rods. As soon as I get a house and enough cash... k04-64 here I come!!!

I got to the level of rods mate, so I bought rods. I'm now at the level of the turbo... but the mrs will kill me if I buy a bigger turbo lol.

Enjoy.