Gopro Video Of My New Custom Exhaust

R90 STL

Reaction score
Dsg farts are much louder now and it's pops like mad! I love it!! Here is the link:

Reactions: tet, KentKid and mechanic69
Music to my ears haha spot on! Where do you live up in the hills there?

I forgot how quickly an S3 revs... love the whoosh on full boost too. Sounds epic.

Reactions: R90 STL
nice vid - is that with an external microphone? or just using the standalone go pro?

Lol, that's the first thing I thought was "tractor".

An Astra Gsi with a Mongoose sounds better.

its straight through pipe thats why it sounds like a tractor. TFSI engines need a proper resonator to improve the sound otherwise sound really unpleasant diesel like almost.

This was always going to get mixed reviews. Personally I love it. I have also bought the scorpion back box if I ever decide I have had enough of the noise. I did a test to see how loud the exhaust actually is. Decibel reader indicated that it was 102dB which is just quieter than a TTRS. The drone on the motorway isn't too intrusive. Although that is mainly due to music drowning some of it out. I don't do a whole lot of motorway driving so it doesn't bother me. This is an external mic attached to the go pro.. I will upload a pic of the setup later on today. admittedly, it sounds pretty rubbish on idle as do all S3's

i wondered how you got it to not have wind sound during the video :)

i wondered how you got it to not have wind sound during the video :)
Yeah we had to mess about with it a bit to get the clearest sound. We had it too close to the exhaust to begin with and the noise of the turbo was all u could hear really!

sounds like darth vader is under the bonnet

Reactions: R90 STL