Google traffic not working

gregpot2000

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue?
Mines barely worked for a week now. All other Audi connect functions. Including satellite view work fine. All my licences are still showing as active until June 19 as well

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yep, mine is struggling too... when it knows about traffic it frequently shows a shaded white area - which I guess could be TMC based traffic reception?

Usually these things break when Audi screw up their servers! Tbh I’ve long learnt from this forum not to bother complaining to Audi as it ends in more hassle than it’s worth. It will probably be fixed somewhen...

Thanks. You can tell where the information is coming from. If it's working it will say online in the corner, when it's not it says tmc pro...glad I'm not the only one!

I've not noticed any issues on mine although to be honest now that Google Maps is finally available through CarPlay i've pretty much stopped using the Audi maps. Despite a few annoying bugs which hopefully will be fixed I find the maps are better and clearer, prefer the view which includes additional info, and getting directions is much easier along with dynamic alternatives as you go.

Thanks. You can tell where the information is coming from. If it's working it will say online in the corner, when it's not it says tmc pro...glad I'm not the only one!

Same happening to me this week. On the way to work it seems to show ‘ONLINE’ On the way home always ‘TMC PRO”. It usually always shows online.

Mines the same too, worked this morning off again this afternoon, had a loan S5 yesterday and that wasn't working either just TMC Pro, definately something going on - it's been the same on my wife's Tiguan, which I assume must use the same tech. A few weeks back google earth was down. Think Audi may need to have a look at their tech department !!

Same happening to me this week. On the way to work it seems to show ‘ONLINE’ On the way home always ‘TMC PRO”. It usually always shows online.

Yes - this is EXACTLY what's happening to me. Literally just came on here to ask the same question.

Every morning it's fine, and on the way home it's TMC PRO and I've no idea if the road with the traffic flashpoint I can either go down or avoid is bad today or not.

Yeah, I've been paying closer attention to this, and for me I've noticed 3 times now it fails over to TMC PRO exactly after 1 hour of driving!

I did briefly come back yesterday but then failed again. It's bad enough for my commute I've had no choice but to switch to Google Maps on CarPlay! Shame as I like the MMI nav knowing where I am going for controlling the car with driver assist!

Yes! just about to post this, my commute to work seems generally ok now, but driving home still hit and miss!

Nothing at all this evening! TMC all the way... POS. Rather disappointing... Half tempting to to a network / fiddler trade to see where it's falling over!

I emailed Audi about this. Their reply

“Good morning.We are aware of the issue regarding the real time traffic feature and this is being investigated. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.”

I emailed them too, I looked on here last weekend and didn't see any posts. They replied saying 'I have requested an extension to your licence with our Connect Support Team at AUDI AG' yet all the licenses had looked fine and all the other online tools worked just not traffic.

Same problems again after renewing! Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thanks not just me then! Seemed back online for my way home though!

Annoying thing is all the other random rubbish works perfectly. I don't need news articles on my mmi lol. Yet the only useful thing in the traffic function is constantly flakey

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk