1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google maps street view not working anymore.

zippster Mar 1, 2018

1. zippster

zippster Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team V6 Audi RS3 Audi S3 Audi S4 quattro

hey guys something is really bothering me and I'm hoping someone can help.

when I picked up the car, my daughter and I would mess around with the google street view whilst waiting in the carpark for school , however now after a couple of map updates (and reversing camera retrofit) I cannot for the life of me get it to work.. :(

can anyone shed any light? is there something where I can check the MMI version to make sure that the retrofitter hasn't downgraded my MMI when he was struggling to get the camera to work (another story but all sorted!) im running MMI version 0917 and believe there is now 1118 available so I will book in to get that done soon as im having issues with my iPhone X.

Thanks in advance

Andy ..

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. zippster

sorry should have included a picture . IMG_0984.jpg

4. Tonye60

Tonye60 Member

I’ve noticed this to. So here is a bump

zippster likes this.
  5. Voronus

Voronus Member

I never knew srtreet view was possible to be honest

tickedon likes this.
  6. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

You only get street view when you zoom in close on a map, or are approacjphing your destination on the map (on my 7 anyway)

zippster likes this.
  7. hmy7k

hmy7k Active Member Team Floret Silver Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

I have found it does it now and again, its not the car it just doesn't get a connection to the Audi server.

It comes back on its own although you do have to set the view back to google earth again as it defaults to the standard maps.

zippster likes this.
  8. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Possibly weather related?

zippster likes this.
  9. Paul Golding

Paul Golding Active Member Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group S tronic

....or Brexit?

illingworth22 and zippster like this.
  10. zippster

Yes this is how you activate it however it no longer works ;(

Well at least it’s not just me then .. makes me feel slightly better .

11. L_G

L_G Member Team Daytona Team V6 Audi S5

Thought Audi had pulled the plug on this at the end of last year.

Some talk of google maps going the same way in three years time

12. Avatar

13. cuke2u

Not yet and Audi still have a licence until 2021, who knows after then they might offer an alternative or merely renew the licence. I know that across the pond some are getting their knickers in a twist over this and talking class action, but really?

14. craigomills

craigomills Active Member Team Ibis TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic

mine is still not working - has this been formally closed down now?

15. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Mine worked this morning so I'll be pretty annoyed if it's not working when I get back to my car after work!

zippster likes this.
  16. cuke2u

Might still be just a server issue, we know they are working on mmi connect at the moment.

Daggerit likes this.
  17. zippster

am i being a plank, i just cannot get mine to work anymore.. ive started to assume its the nav updates ive been doing when they come out! have you done any or all nav updates?

have you got a postcode that it defiantly works for you and i could try that on mine.. maybe its just the area i live has been removed..

bugging the **** out of me..

18. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Mine has definitely worked for all the areas around me recently. Try just searching for Aberdeen to double check if you want.

I've updated mine to the most recent version, did it a few weeks back but the MMI required a manual restart to get it working properly on the VC. I also notice sometimes that you have to open navigation in the centre display to push it to select Google maps (and make sure it's actually selected as I've also forgot to check that as well and then felt stupid...).

Failing all that it might be a trip to Audi needed?

19. craigomills

craigomills Active Member Team Ibis TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic

Deffo not working for me, hope this isn't something do to with having a non VC dash - I get google earth maps so it it should work as it used to.

20. Manity

Manity Member

have never been able to get mine to work its a 2018 car i asked about it at the dealers they wasnt even aware the A4 had it, shows how much they know.

21. Daggerit

Cancel, I’m an idiot and read that too quick... Google maps is working but I don’t think street view has ever worked in my car, sorry for the confusion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zippster likes this.
  22. cuke2u

Not sure but I think a non vc will not display street view..

23. craigomills

It used to work fine...

24. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Active Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group

Street view contract has officially been terminated since december 2017. Gradually all the cars won't have a working street view.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

25. cuke2u

Have you evidence of this, how would they gradually turn it off when there are no over the air firmware updates.
    As far as I understood there was at least a contract until 2020/21...

26. RJ-8V

It was on the audi websites. Mine does not work any more since February. It is not a OTA update but connection with the servers.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

27. RJ-8V

@cuke2u

This was on an other forum. [​IMG]

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

zippster likes this.
  28. cuke2u

Are you sure it isn't going to transfer across to Here maps?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  29. RJ-8V

The maps are already supplied by Here since the 8V. As far as i know Here does not has a "Street view" option with Audi.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

30. cuke2u

Here are partially owned by audi, along with bmw. They have had street view for some time...

31. RJ-8V

Then it could be something for the future indeed. I have not heard or seen something about "here street view version" for audi

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

32. cuke2u

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    RJ-8V likes this.
  33. Avatar

34. zippster

Ok I can finally have closure on this.. it’s nothi I’m doing wrong ... I’ll let it lie

@Daggerit ... dude!!!! ;);)

cuke2u and Daggerit like this.
  35. Andy Farmer

Andy Farmer New Member

Hi guys, new to the group , got a 2017 S4 Avant....not any issue with the street view but my Google maps won't work, im getting 12 satellites and can still get all the other connect services but no maps...anyone else got same issue at all ?

36. Daggerit

It’s been on the blink the past couple days so may still be part of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk