Google Maps destination entry

GenerationGav

Reaction score
When I log into my Audi I get the following message;

Some of your vehicles support the entry of destinations using Google Maps
Send your destinations straight from Google Maps to your compatible vehicle. To do so, simply connect your Google account to myAudi. If you do not have a Google account, you can simply use the navigation function in the myAudi app to enter your destination.

I've set this up by going to https://google.com/maps/sendtocar and entering my myAudi email address as the account or device ID, but when I try to use it I then get the following error;

When I try it in Google Maps I get the following error;
We couldn’t communicate with your automaker. Please contact them for assistance.

Has anybody else got this working OK or use it at all?

Worked for me in the past. Have you something like this showing up in sent to car?
Google

Thanks guys, Audi were trying to tell me that it wasn't available in the UK, despite it being advertised to me.

Have you something like this showing up in sent to car?
I've got it, looks exactly like this, my Audi email address doesn't match my Google one, but it IS what's in "Account or Device ID"

I learn something new everyday about the car. Just tried it and it worked, at least it did say 'send' but haven't checked if it was received by the car.
Are you automatically logged into myAudi app? Are you able to send destinations to tge car from inside myAudi app? If yes then the problem is connection between google maps and myAudi app.

I do send from inside the app, but I don't have it running to send from google directly. I prefer the app anyway...

From inside the app does the destination always go to "myAudi Contacts" as this seems a weird place for the destinations to be stored.

Quick update - Audi said it definitely wasn't available in the UK is the information they'd been given....
I decided to set up a 2nd user for MyAudi, which is me but with my Google e-mail address, I then added that user to Google Maps and it works fine! Obviously a major bug somewhere, probably with Audi.
I've also had to log in with that user on my car and on the app, but so far I can't see any issues! If it wasn't for the dealer having to agree ownership I'd be tempted to delete my account and start again, but not going to do that.

I've set this up, can see the accounts entry using the link above, but I don't see the option in Google Maps on my phone? Using a Google Pixel 2.

I've set this up, can see the accounts entry using the link above, but I don't see the option in Google Maps on my phone? Using a Google Pixel 2.
Annoyingly only the desktop has the option - not your phone. As maddening as that might seem!

Ah right - yes, very annoying, as I don't even remember the last time I used my PC for getting directions for somewhere. By the time I've pulled out my laptop, booted it up, gone to Google Maps, found the address, and sent it to my car, I could have just found it on my phone and tapped it into the MMI manually. Seems like a gaping hole in functionality!

Slightly different question but didn't seem worth making a new thread, when you search a location on the my audi app on my phone and you can send it to the car, where exactly do you find it in the car? As I never can, and yes I have checked the glove box

You can enter destinations from your phone using the myAudi app.

Slightly different question but didn't seem worth making a new thread, when you search a location on the my audi app on my phone and you can send it to the car, where exactly do you find it in the car? As I never can, and yes I have checked the glove box

There's instructions on the Audi website, but these don't think exist for me.
I have to go to Navigation and then select MyAudi Contacts (or similar)

You can also send destinations directly from the maps app on iOS if you have the myAudi app installed. Just select the desired destination, scroll down and press the share button and select the myAudi icon. I find this easier than destination entry directly from the myAudi app.
I suspect it’ll work like that on Android too but haven’t tried...

Reactions: Tripper