Google Maps Data?

Ryan Carpenter

Reaction score
I’m a fan of having my MMI display google maps when driving. I’m currently on the 3 month Audi connect deal and was wondering do I have a data limit and is google maps using a lot of this? I’m aware I can turn the satellite overlay off and have it look like a traditional sat nav but I like having the satellite view

Cheers

I am a tight Scotsman so have a '3' sim card for Googly maps and have used about 10MB in 5 months, hope that helps.

If your using the built in SIM card and have the Audi Connect licence then as far as I am aware there is no data limit for your usage. Once you get close to the end of the 3 month trial you can also contact Audi via the website chat service (or i think some folks email Audi Germany) and you can get it extended by 12 months for free. That's what i did back in February and i believe they are still doing this as they still haven't decided how to charge for it....hoping i'll get another 12 months come Feb 2018.... :grinning:

Reactions: Rocksteve69
If you are just driving the same routes each day it gets cached so once it stores it, it doesn't use any data the next time you do that route. Not sure of how much data it caches however.

I drove from Derbyshire to Cornwall which is a good 5 hour drive and it used 1GB +- of data having it on the whole way. Not sure how accurate that was as I used a random app found in the play store to monitor.

If you are just driving the same routes each day it gets cached so once it stores it, it doesn't use any data the next time you do that route. Not sure of how much data it caches however.

I drove from Derbyshire to Cornwall which is a good 5 hour drive and it used 1GB +- of data having it on the whole way. Not sure how accurate that was as I used a random app found in the play store to monitor.

Don't need an app you can take a before and after reading on the MMI for data usage.

Mind blown, I have never seen that, can you remember how to get to it?

Not sure why people only have a 3 month Connect deal???

I've just check mine and it's 3 years, all my stuff expires 2020...

I think newer cars with tech pack have it for 3 years. Otherwise it was 3 months. Or something like that.

Not sure why people only have a 3 month Connect deal???

I've just check mine and it's 3 years, all my stuff expires 2020...
Because you have the technology pack, as mine has and also with three years connect. Delivered in 2016...

Reactions: Happy Grumpz
Mind blown, I have never seen that, can you remember how to get to it?

Upload 2017 12 14 8 41 5

Upload 2017 12 14 8 41 42