Google maps and Bluetooth problem

besters

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a problem with voice guidance when I'm using Google maps and my phone is connected via Bluetooth to the MMI. I don't get any voice guidance through the car speakers unless I hit the media button, the moment I switch back to radio, voice guidance is lost. I've checked volume settings on my phone and MMI, the sound options are correct in Google map settings and I've just updated the MMI firmware. Anyone had this before or able to help solve this head scratcher?

Thanks

Google maps on your phone, not Google maps on the mmi?

Cause if its on the phone using bt streaming option, it will cut audio when using radio eyc, unless you're on the media option as its not using mapping of the mmi, its just seeing it as an audio device in bt.

Google maps on my phone.
So this is normal? Seems odd to me, I had a 2016 Passat that didn't do this.

Depends how the bt profile was on the passat, if it was using the phone profile for all, it would interrupt the radio automatically, if google maps was actually on the head unit not via the phone, again it would interrupt the radio, also was the passat using android auto, varied scenarios tbh, but yours seems normal.

Ah yes it was using android auto so that'll explain why it wasn't a problem.
It's no big problem, I'll just switch the voice through my phone, would have been nice to have it play through the speakers.
Thanks for your help.