1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Google Earth/Satellite Maps

L_G Nov 30, 2020

1. Manity

Manity Registered User

I have a 2017 s4 map was updated fine.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

I have just tried an update on my 2017 Audi Q5 supplied by MAK Car coding and it has not worked on my Audi Q5.

I have edited my post as I have realised I put the wrong Car Coder down my apologises to DJAlix and his Car Coding Business

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021 at 12:30 PM
  4. Exx-on

Exx-on Registered User

That’s a real shame.

May I ask if you had this done with [mention]DJAlix [/mention]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

DJAlix?

6. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

When did we do this?

7. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

Apologies I put the wrong Car Coding business down in my post and I have edited it to the correct one.

8. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

I put the wrong car coder down in my post. So please ignore and I have edited my original post

Exx-on likes this.
  9. Exx-on

Exx-on Registered User

Ahh - so there may still be a glimmer of hope that [mention]DJAlix [/mention]and his team can potentially get some of our cars updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

Yes there maybe or I hope there is as I mine was at my Audi dealership for other work and they said they would do the update whilst it was there. It came back as it is now even after telling me I would have satellite maps back! They probably used the same update that I tried as it just looks the same as it did before I took it in.

11. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Did you send MAK a picture of your MMI firmware version?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

Yes I did. The build date for my car is 18/11/2016.

Attached Files:

14. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

What is the firmware version now?

15. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

So they stated it'll work but it doesn't? Have you been in contact with them about this to establish what went wrong?

16. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

This is the version now. Is this still the wrong version for it to work?

Attached Files:

17. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

I have tried to speak to someone at the dealership but trying to get an answer out of them regarding this now seems to be impossible!

cuke2u likes this.
  18. DJAlix

I literally have the same unit and firmware here at the moment. Unfortunately it does not support the new satellite view :(

the firmware you have had installed in the most up to date for your unit.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 4:21 PM
  19. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

That is not good, they advertise something that will do this, you sent them the correct information and they still claimed it would, yet it hasn't. You have tried to resolve it yet they've not replied. Unfortunately they are at risk as being labelled scammers.

20. Kiltedcamel

Kiltedcamel Registered User

@DJAlix It was nice to meet you today and have you work on my car.
    Nice job on the dash cam install, thank you.
    It's a shame the satellite view update wouldn't work, but as discussed if you do figure out a solution please let me know!

DJAlix likes this.
  21. Darko Ivačić

Darko Ivačić New Member

So, if I understand correctly, NVIDIA MMI devices are not currently (or permanently) supported, at least until a newer firmware is developed.

The Latest NVIDIA firmware is: MHI2_ER_AUG22_K3346 (which still has a "Google Earth" option that doesn't work)

22. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

Well I think Audi is the scammer really. They sold a lot of their cars on the google Earth view in the 'cockpit' view and the upgraded central screen only for them not to support it 2/3 yrs later. It is a shame as my Q5 is a lovely car to drive and use but this will put me off Audi and when I buy another car I don't think they will be on my list.

MAK Car Coding sent me the link for free to download and try the updated firmware version. He didn't charge me for trying to see if it worked. Which was very good of him to do so and trusting for me to pay him if it did (Which I would have gladly done if it had worked!)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021 at 6:29 PM
  23. gregpot2000

gregpot2000 Registered User

As I am identical as well, I guess that means my trip to your guys in Leicester is off :-(

I must say I'm disappointed in Audi as a brand also, I get it may have been Googles fault initially. but it's not like our hardware isn't up to the job here is it? You could buy a £50 (or less) smartphone that could run Google maps. What it comes down to is Audi simply can't be bothered to do the programming for it, so have just stuck to the most recent revision where cars are probably still in warranty so people would complain more.

Just strikes of we have your money now so jog on.

24. QuattroPhilG

QuattroPhilG Registered User

Could not have put it better myself. It is really disappointing that what was a great addition to the car is now useless, Audi should be ashamed that they are letting a lot of customers down. Lets see if they eventually come up with an answer or @DJAlix !!!!

Exx-on likes this.
  25. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

So I presume that is it then for any form of satellite view in units. I don't think Audi will write an update that will make them work. Maybe someone might be able to do it? Also I presume you can't replace these units with one that is compatible and also upgrade the screen to touch like the new Audi's?
    There is another forum called 'A5OC' and there seems to be someone on there that reckons older cars can be updated to to be honest it's over my understanding by someway. They are called 'congo' not sure if you want to contact them about this? (I do understand that this is for A5's not Q5's)

https://www.a5oc.com/threads/gogole-earth-saga-and-vw-group.176098/#post-1617078 is the link to the first page of discussion

26. Darko Ivačić

Darko Ivačić New Member

Nothing new here, unfortunately.
    But there is still hope that NVIDIA MMI devices will get an upgrade:

"...A4/A5/Q5/Q7 vehicles with Navigation system - High (7UG) that are not covered by the TPI document (have system with nVidia chip inside) are also affected. As they do share same hardware as A3 MY2017+ there is a chance that they might get coverage at later stage."