SQ5 Google earth MMI

Geordie Lee

Reaction score
I have used Google Earth on the sat nav since I bought the car. However on Friday it has stopped working...looking to initialise.

Never had an issue and the LTE network is full bars.

Anyone else suffering this and if so do you have any tips on getting this to reboot!

Yes had same issues and have seen on other forums with other users suffering. Could be due To some sort of Audi server/system upgrades they are saying?

#Metoo
Stopped Friday, only standard maps displaying. Contacted Customer service just now (12.30), they are going to get back to me

Apparently Audi Germany working with Google to resolve issue. No ETF ("estimate time fixed") :notworking:

Many thanks..hadn’t worked all weekend...however was out today and it worked for 15 minutes...stopped the car to do some shopping and then got back into the car and didn’t work....

I suspect that there is a fault...as you guys have contacted Audi I’ll wait to hear..

My thoughts are that Google has updated its software (or updated a security patch) and the software Audi uses to talk to Google is now not compatible..

Many thanks for the update..

I switched to GM view for about 10 minutes on my way home on Saturday and all worked ok.
Did have issues with MMI connect last week, so Audi could be messin’ with their servers but I would suspect the mapping data comes down live direct from Google unless Audi augement extra stuff on top.

Surely it downloads the satellite image data direct from Google? Wouldn't make sense to download and cache all that stuff.