Google Earth down?

psychopomp1

Reaction score
Not getting any Google imagery today despite getting a full "LTE" signal in the MMI. Getting Live Traffic info without any issues though. Anyone else having the same issue? My Audi Connect sub expires on 7th Sept, surely Google earth should work right up until that date?

Cheers

Same thing happened to mine around 1:30pm today. The google map which was displayed resorted to the Google Earth startup screen while driving. When I restarted the car a short time after map defaulted to standard non google map display. I've still 11 months left on Audi Connect sub.

Reactions: psychopomp1
Same problem after just driving home.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yep, down for me too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas, looks like it’s a nationwide issue. Hope Audi fix it soon...sat nav looks rather dull without the imagery lol

Same here guys. Down too . I thought the wife had done something to the car haha . (Need to apologise now )

Maybe there bring back out street view they rudely took away from us in December ; )
Street view was taken away by a map update that changed the zooming in settings. Thus it would need to be reinstated by another map update to the mmi...

Still down for me. Went off yesterday with a message saying data connection required. Now it's just sat on the Google Earth initializing page.

Add this to the fact I have lost all of my POIs that were speed cameras and no ability to 're install onto an SD card.

Not impressed Audi.

Re POI Just change the map view to standard or traffic and should come back.

Re POI Just change the map view to standard or traffic and should come back.

Thanks mate but that's not the problem. I had a load of speed camera POIs saved onto an SD card via a desktop app that you used to get theough the myaudi website. The POIs have disappeared from the MMI and there is nothing on the myaudi website to allow me to reinstall them.

Really annoying.

Yep, same here this pm. Very odd. Started off on short journey with standard map displayed despite google earth map selected. After a couple of minutes the screen went momentarily blank then switched to full Google earth map view and stayed there. Great I thought. Completed short journey and switched off vehicle.
On restart the map resorted back to standard. Checked settings - no change. Google Earth still selected but not displayed. During journey map change from standard map to Google Earth splash screen but didn't load. Completed journey.
Restarting vehicle for third short journey and hey presto Google Earth display was back again in all its glory without delay only to once again resort to standard map view a short time after. No fiddling by me. Google Earth selected. Standard and Traffic maps able to be selected and displayed.
No idea what's happening.

I'll check mine tomorrow, but this does happen from time to time. Whether it be Audi or google's responsibility we won't know...

Same here earlier but back up again tonight. Perhaps this and all the server errors on the myAudi app are related?

Mine down to since Friday, just went out and google map came on but was blurry/ out of focus.
On way back standard map only.

Google Earth was back online around 7pm when I went out, however I won't get too excited just yet as it came back briefly yesterday pm before going offline again.

Reactions: Kevin Gall
Mine worked for about an hour about 9am today but not since then, I thought it was a problem with my car until I found this thread, thanks.

Mine is very hit and miss. I have noticed that when it does work that one screen might not have the same detail as the other screen

Mine was down today. It was fine yesterday.

After a little blip on Saturday, mine has been working fine. Including this morning. Strange that it's a little inconsistent with who and when it affects?

Mine was working okay yesterday, it was very laggy and slow but today it has stopped working again...

Just looked on Audi's Twitter feed, they are working on it.

Oh dear, Google Earth seems to be down again. Not getting any imagery for the last day or two. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Happened to me last week, just reselected the Google Map option and it all came back - wondered if the mapping image 'tile' providers - i.e. Bluesky/Infoterra were down...

Happened to me last week, just reselected the Google Map option and it all came back - wondered if the mapping image 'tile' providers - i.e. Bluesky/Infoterra were down...

Had this two days ago, reselecting google maps rather than standard in the map settings menu and everything was rosy in the garden again.

Reactions: psychopomp1 and cosmicblue
Had this two days ago, reselecting google maps rather than standard in the map settings menu and everything was rosy in the garden again.
Yeah, managed to fix this by simply reselecting google maps in the settings...for some strange reason google maps gets deselected by itself every now anmd again. I should have have checked the settings before posting on here....duh! Sorry :(

Once I figured out that the settings were linked to each key I don't recall having to change anything on my old B8 A5 so it is a bit disappointing that such things are needed for the current edition