1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Earth down?

psychopomp1 Aug 30, 2018

1. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Active Member

Not getting any Google imagery today despite getting a full "LTE" signal in the MMI. Getting Live Traffic info without any issues though. Anyone else having the same issue? My Audi Connect sub expires on 7th Sept, surely Google earth should work right up until that date?

Cheers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Gingertom

Gingertom New Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S tronic S-line owners group

Same thing happened to mine around 1:30pm today. The google map which was displayed resorted to the Google Earth startup screen while driving. When I restarted the car a short time after map defaulted to standard non google map display. I've still 11 months left on Audi Connect sub.

psychopomp1 likes this.
  4. SwordfishCoupe

SwordfishCoupe Member

Same problem after just driving home.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

psychopomp1 likes this.
  5. taylorc

taylorc A4 BE Quattro S-Tronic

Yep, down for me too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

psychopomp1 likes this.
  6. psychopomp1

Thanks fellas, looks like it’s a nationwide issue. Hope Audi fix it soon...sat nav looks rather dull without the imagery lol

7. zippster

zippster Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team V6 Audi RS3 Audi S3 Audi S4 quattro

Maybe there bring back out street view they rudely took away from us in December ; )

8. Hambee1234

Hambee1234 Member

Same here guys. Down too . I thought the wife had done something to the car haha . (Need to apologise now )

9. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Street view was taken away by a map update that changed the zooming in settings. Thus it would need to be reinstated by another map update to the mmi...

10. Paul Golding

Paul Golding Active Member Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S tronic S-line owners group

Still down today for me.

11. psychopomp1

All working again this pm!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    q5man likes this.
  12. Avatar

13. craigomills

craigomills Active Member Team Ibis Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro TDi S tronic

Still down for me. Went off yesterday with a message saying data connection required. Now it's just sat on the Google Earth initializing page.

Add this to the fact I have lost all of my POIs that were speed cameras and no ability to 're install onto an SD card.

Not impressed Audi.

14. SwordfishCoupe

SwordfishCoupe Member

Re POI Just change the map view to standard or traffic and should come back.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

15. craigomills

craigomills Active Member Team Ibis Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro TDi S tronic

Thanks mate but that's not the problem. I had a load of speed camera POIs saved onto an SD card via a desktop app that you used to get theough the myaudi website. The POIs have disappeared from the MMI and there is nothing on the myaudi website to allow me to reinstall them.

Really annoying.

16. psychopomp1

Spoke too soon....its down again :( Getting the screen below at all times now:

[​IMG]screenshot pc

I've let my dealer (Highland Audi) know that it appears to be a problem at Audi's end, they said they will check their systems and get back to me.

17. Gingertom

Gingertom New Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S tronic S-line owners group

Yep, same here this pm. Very odd. Started off on short journey with standard map displayed despite google earth map selected. After a couple of minutes the screen went momentarily blank then switched to full Google earth map view and stayed there. Great I thought. Completed short journey and switched off vehicle.
    On restart the map resorted back to standard. Checked settings - no change. Google Earth still selected but not displayed. During journey map change from standard map to Google Earth splash screen but didn't load. Completed journey.
    Restarting vehicle for third short journey and hey presto Google Earth display was back again in all its glory without delay only to once again resort to standard map view a short time after. No fiddling by me. Google Earth selected. Standard and Traffic maps able to be selected and displayed.
    No idea what's happening.

18. cuke2u

I'll check mine tomorrow, but this does happen from time to time. Whether it be Audi or google's responsibility we won't know...

19. Evil Derboy

Evil Derboy Active Member Team Daytona Audi RS5 Owners Group

Same here earlier but back up again tonight. Perhaps this and all the server errors on the myAudi app are related?

20. craigomills

Still not working FFS

21. Kevin Gall

Kevin Gall New Member

22. Kevin Gall

Kevin Gall New Member

Yup mines still same!!! Standard map!!

23. Mr_H

Mr_H New Member

Mine down to since Friday, just went out and google map came on but was blurry/ out of focus.
    On way back standard map only.

24. psychopomp1

Google Earth was back online around 7pm when I went out, however I won't get too excited just yet as it came back briefly yesterday pm before going offline again.

Kevin Gall likes this.
  25. Mr_H

Mr_H New Member

Mine worked for about an hour about 9am today but not since then, I thought it was a problem with my car until I found this thread, thanks.

26. Kevin Gall

Kevin Gall New Member

Mines back working normal all good

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

psychopomp1 likes this.
  27. cuke2u

Tried mine this morning, no joy...

28. sunshinewelly

sunshinewelly Active Member

Mine is very hit and miss. I have noticed that when it does work that one screen might not have the same detail as the other screen

29. Mortey

Mortey New Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

Mine was down today. It was fine yesterday.

30. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

After a little blip on Saturday, mine has been working fine. Including this morning. Strange that it's a little inconsistent with who and when it affects?

31. craigomills

Mine was working okay yesterday, it was very laggy and slow but today it has stopped working again...

32. Mortey

Mortey New Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

Just looked on Audi's Twitter feed, they are working on it.

33. Avatar

34. psychopomp1

Its seems to be ok now for the last few days....touch wood!