Google earth and map updates

MrZ

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wondered how Google earth works in the sat nav. Do I just need a sim card?

Also my cars warranty expires the end of November. It was the 5 year warranty from new rather than an extended warranty. Do you get free map updates while under warranty? Or is that something to do with Audi connect. I have tech pack high if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Yes shows on myaudi app. I think you could pay extra for 4 year then more again for 5 year. I assumed the original owner took it out from new. Bit of a waste given they covered 6370 miles. Actually it does say extended warranty, so maybe they took it out after year 3 and the salesman was wrong when he said they extended it from new.

I plan to get it in to audi before the warranty expires. Anything in particular I should ask them to check?

I will prob end up going for the audi all in package and get 2 more years warranty and servicing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211104-160611_myAudi.jpg
    Screenshot_20211104-160611_myAudi.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20211104-160458_myAudi.jpg
    Screenshot_20211104-160458_myAudi.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 46
5 years 7k, damn result, hopefully hasnt been clocked, servicing matching up as even if low mileage, it should have had at least 2 services imho.

Reactions: MrZ
For the satellite overlay to work you require an active Audi Connect license/subscription which is now a cost option as of Dec 2020 onwards. Plus your MMI needs to have the latest updates applied. It will only work on the 8V Facelift MMI so MY17>. You only get 3x free map updates during the first 3yrs from initial registration.

Reactions: MrZ
5 years 7k, damn result, hopefully hasnt been clocked, servicing matching up as even if low mileage, it should have had at least 2 services imho.
Yeah everything matches up. 1 owner, full audi history albeit long life services so 2 so far. They also specced nearly everything.

For the satellite overlay to work you require an active Audi Connect license/subscription which is now a cost option as of Dec 2020 onwards. Plus your MMI needs to have the latest updates applied. It will only work on the 8V Facelift MMI so MY17>. You only get 3x free map updates during the first 3yrs from initial registration.
Thanks it is a FL. Not sure if the maps will have been updated before, will have a look next I'm out to see if there's a revision number