Google Add Words

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
Any IT guys who knows a bit about this? im using it but getting low LCRs and wonder if anyone of you could have a look at how mine is set up remotely and offer suggestions?
Obv beer tokens are waiting....:beerchug: or if needing work willing to pay a fee..

A few firms have offered to look at it for me but at an extortionate rate and tied in for 12 months, when it could be the settings could be off, so basically to enchance the CTR

You're going to have to tell me more. What do you advertise on google ad words and what advice do you need - more clicks might not be what you want!

Google AdWords is a very expensive form of advertising unless you're a big company... You can easily spank a lot of £££ every day if you are competing for high value keyword / strings.

As Woolly stated, you may not want a high rate of clicks to begin with. (This next bit isn't directed at you as I don't know what you do but will give you my train of thought). If you are getting a high CTR but have a **** website / product then your users won't buy from you. You've just then lost money. It's like if you had a store and were offering £10 just to come in and potentially buy something but not if they didn't want to. You would get loads of people in but they may not buy anything because you're selling replica dog poo. Do you see what I mean?

Being brutally honest, you should be working on the SEO of your website and getting a naturally high position within Google. Your target audience will be looking at the top 3 hits more than adwords as most common sense folk know that adwords is paid for. Could also be potentially not what they are looking for. Needs to be really tailored to your market.

To accurately advise you, you need to tell us what your website is / doing and why you want more traffic etc.

Reactions: s3dave
My advice would be to read up on natural search optimisation - try this site Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Paid Search Advertising (PPC) & Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)

efforts on optimising your site, will also benefit your ad words hugely - it will improve your quality score. Don't try and bid on words that are not relevant, starting with core words targeted by region and device that will drive your highest quality - to do this you will need to be as targeted as possible even if you think you are bidding on the same keyword, split out the variations and let each have it's own bid price. Its a pain at first, but the optimisation favours more targeted bids.

An example may be "stainless steel fabrication" targeted to leeds area on desktop to set times of day (i.e. not weekends). Even though no one will search on the weekend (just a guess BTW), the more targeted you are, the more you will be favoured when those conditions happen. Don't ever do broad match if you are cost conscious.

You should be able to test these keywords in the engine and get expected volumes. There are other tricks to improve your exposure, such as when your CTR drops too low, Google will stop showing you, but if you recreate the same keyword and terms as a new keyword, it will run a minimum number of impressions again to see your CTR.

Also use Google Trends

You could always hire a Uni student who is willing to be paid by the hour to do this - or even better - pay him by results, and he can do it from home. Maybe someone who's friedn works in Search Engine MArketing

Reactions: s3dave