Goodyear F1 Asymmetric or Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

pjmspeedy

Dude, what's mine say ?
Reaction score
Need to buy some new tyres either tomorrow or Saturday and was wondering which of the above I should get ?

So if any of you have either of the above I would be interested to hear your views.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - had these fitted to my A4.

Very nice tyre

Brought mine from Camskills

Both brilliant tyres. F1 slight edge performance and sessanta better VFM.

Both good tyres, got the goodyears on the fronts and vredesteins on the back now but had a full set of each since owning my A4.

Vredesteins seemed to be a bit softer and wore more quickly when fitted to the fronts with the heavy front end. Vredesteins look nicer when fitted IMO and were cheaper last time I bought them, but not so sure these days I think they went up in price. Good performance in wet and dry weather.

Goodyears lasted longer, wore well on the fronts and were slightly better in the wet but were £20 more per corner.

Both offer similar performance so I would probably go for the cheapest deal.

I had the F1's, (the symetrical ones which I think are no longer in production), on the front of my FWD A4 1.8T Sport and they did not last more than about 10K miles if that, I would'nt touch them again.
The Vredesteins have been on my quattro for over 10k and I've still got about 6mm (at last check), left on all four corners. I'm reluctant to try anything else when its time to change all four.
Plus that tread pattern is nuts!!

Camskill have VREDESTEIN TYRES / CAR / VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA - 235/40R18 95Y XL TL for £100 on offer
or GOODYEAR TYRES / CAR / GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC - 235/40R18 95Y XL FP TL for £120
They normally deliver next working day and you can get them fitted at local garage. BlackCirlces.com are ok if you want fitting included too.

I've currently got F1 Asymmetrics on my S4 and I think they're an excellent tyre. Grippy and predictable in all conditions without too much flex in the sidewall. They've done about 4k miles (mostly by the previous owner) and I'd estimate that they've lost about 1mm of their tread depth so far.