Goodyear Eagle F1 Aymmetric on S3 8P review

Will be fitting some on mine very soon, just 2 though for now.

Mmmm Front or Rear ???? Think I may of read something about this !!!

Mark

just fitted these to my a3 sportback in 225-35-19 and agree with all the points made. Initially they seem far superior to the contis. The evo review swung it for me too.

was going to go for some of those - but went for the Ultrac Sesanta in the end.

225 / 40 / 18 - £185 fitting for two.

much much better than the contis so far.

Two days ago I had the all season version Goodyear Eagle F1 in 235/35/19 installed and so far I love them. I did 3 laps at the local racetrack with them and held up really nicely.

I've got them on mine. 235/40/18 95Y. Brilliant- not sure about the wear rate, but that doesn't concern me

Would you guys say its alright to just change the front two tyres to a different tyre instead of changing all four at the same time?

A3_3.2_S-Line said:
Would you guys say its alright to just change the front two tyres to a different tyre instead of changing all four at the same time?

Yes that is fine.

Just ordered mine, £109 each fitted and balanced, mine will be going on the front.Should have them fitted Wednesday all being well.

Mark

I'm thinking of getting a set for my 3.2 Quattro, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 225 18 40. Are they the same as you got for you £109 and if so, do you mind telling me where you got them? I think they've got another sale!

Of course, if anyone has any other tyre recommendations feel free to let me know!

Cheers,

DMcAdams666 said:
I'm thinking of getting a set for my 3.2 Quattro, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 225 18 40. Are they the same as you got for you £109 and if so, do you mind telling me where you got them? I think they've got another sale

Yeah, the very same, actually worked out at £214.50 for 2, had them fitted today. Got them from Tyrewise in Kirkby near Liverpool.Tel 0151 547 2301. Seemed very efficient did not damage wheels etc, will definately use them again.

Mark

DMcAdams666 said:
might be a good drive! Cheers!

Don,t think so ,all motorway, and Kirby is a bit of a dump. Good Luck anyway, I do now they were supplied direct from Good Year which cut out the middleman, mate of mine could not get nr the price as he was purchasing from a wholesaler.

Mark

I am getting 2 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's 225 40 18 fitted to my 3.2 Quattro to replace the OEM front tyres. Which axel would it be best to put the new tyres on?

Sussex A3 3.2 Quattro said:
I am getting 2 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric's 225 40 18 fitted to my 3.2 Quattro to replace the OEM front tyres. Which axel would it be best to put the new tyres on?

I had mine fitted on the front, other people may have different idea's, seems to me the fronts wear out first so obviously do most of the work. ???

Mark