Goodbye S3, i've moved to Diseasle.

5ean

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Afternoon all. Part exchanged my Ibis White S3 yesterday. Was starting to get a bit fed up of sticking 50 quid of super in every 5/6 days so decided to move to the fuel of satan instead.

Got a 59 plate A5 3.0 TDI Sport getting picked up next Thursday.. I've gone agains't my rule number 1 in that i would never have a black car, but the A5 is black and i'm just gonna have to try hard and keep it clean..

Its got a good amount of options, only thing missing that i would like is Sat Nav.. Anyone know how easy it is to retro-fit Sat-Nav in to it? Also its got that awful 19" Y-Spoke alloys which i'm gonna look to trade in for a set of rotors..

I've loved every minute of the S3 but with the diesel i can save about 100 quid a month on fuel, lower tax and lower insurance so kinda makes sense.. Plus, plenty torque and almost same power as S3 makes it easier to put up with. Might look at mapping after the warranty has ran out in a year too :eyebrows:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice with the S3 and hopefully will receive equally good service in the A5 section!

Cheers

Sean

Reactions: Kelza
Diseasle eh, sounds nice. Somewhere in Italy?

I saw a black A5 drive past me yesterday and thought it is just a stunning looking car, especially from the rear. If you were going to move away from the S3 you have made a good choice.

Hope you enjoy it. Post some pics back here when you pick it up.

I came from a black A5 3.0tdi sport! Mapped to 320ps too! Far too heavy to be anything like as fun to drive as the S3, but I hope you enjoy it, as they do look amazing when clean.

As for retro-fitting sat nav, it has been done but it is not even remotely easy as I recall the car will need fibre optics fitted to control the MMI for a starter.

I wish I could put that 3.0 tdi engine into my A3 ....:think: It would sound and go so much faster ......:jump:

You'll miss the quattro's traction in the wet @ junctions etc.. good luck m8

3.0tdi is longitudinal, A3 is transverse = not gonna happen.

why should that stop it happening? ;)

attachment.php

As Wez says its the quattro so still 4wd goodness! Torque is quite impressive and can always map it if i feel it's lacking.. Hmm that's a pain about the sat nav, would have quite liked it. I've got the dealer pics, will put them up tonight when I get home!

Here's a couple pics, unfortunately I downloaded them on my iPhone so they are really small, will take some pics on Thursday when I collect it and stick them up!
Front.JPG

Interior.JPG

Back.JPG

Yeah i've seen that video a few times Kelvin, very tempting but will see how i get on with the car as standard first! First mod (other than changing the wheels) i'm thinking will be the auto-folding mirrors.. Not sure what else after that, maybe some carbon bits n pieces.. Cant wait for tomorrow anywho!

I went from an S3 to a 320d back to an S3 and I must admit I am still struggling to come to terms with difference in mpg and frequency of V Power fill ups. Very painful.

Having said that, the 320d value fell off a cliff so the true cost of ownership over 10months was pretty severe despite the excellent fuel economy.

6 Cyl derv AUDI or BMW are on the `potentials` list after the S3 deal is up.

Nice car, enjoy.

Paul