Good PS3 Games?

smee

Reaction score
I have finally gotten a PS3. I have heard that there are not many good games around at the moment. Does anybody have any recommendations of any games they have tried and liked.

depend what you like ive got a ps3 and love it,splinter cell is good,resistance fall of man,fight night round 3,formula one,call of duty all good games

for the real games, you're going to have to wait till christmas unfortunately.

In the meantime, get a copy of motorstorm (till colin mcrae:dirt comes out) and then your fave fps (resistance:FOM is good, map packs can be bought on line too now) and maybe a copy of oblivion for those rainy days on the sofa...

And lets not get into crying about who's console is better than who's... leave that to the rest of the internet...

Thanks for your advice guys. I got Motorstorm and Genji with the console. Also bought Sonic for the kids. Might need to get an FPS though.
Console looks good and am enjoying the picture quality. This is the first device I have had which makes use of the HD TV.

I had ago on the GT HD demo the other day and it seemed pretty good to me hopefully by the time they release the full game i will be able to afford a PS3 of my own.

Tony Hawks Project 8 is pretty cool!

COD3 - I thought was pretty lame

BUT Motorstorm and FightNight is worth looking at - you can pick them up for about 25 now off of fleabay!

:w00t: ghost recon 2 is a pretty good game and call of duty 4 is out soon and it looks amazing, the game of 2008 will definatly be killzone 2

pro evo 2008 is wicked, you can create accounts in america and japan too to download more demos.. like gt prologue i just got the new need for speed too.. that is very good!!

but other good games.. i also have f1, oblivion has alot of play time umm resistance fall of man is great, ghost recon is very good too ! lots of great ones coming out this month and the beginning of next year too.. metal gear, gta, GT.. etc

Ive just been playing the demo of John Woos Stranglehold, and i think its REALLY good....

Also F1 is good, i also thought NFS was quite good....

Call of duty 4 online is good and kane and lynch is quite good,

I got PES8, R:FOM, Creed and Motorstorm a couple of weeks before xmas when I bought mine.... Been playing PES and motorstorm so much Ive not opened the others yet... maybe I should claim the bravia back off the kids! Also tho, download Gauntlet (old school gaming) and Tekken Online for some button thrashing action...

and

Roll on Unreal Tournement!! :gun2:

apparently....and dont hold me to this.....they are bringing out a right good game called 'how to buy a decent gaming system in 3 simple steps' with different controllers to the previous version and doesnt require a blue ray player to make it appealing:moa:

just kidding fellas...... a ps3 salesman in meadowhall ****** me off, stopped to have a look at the graphics on the big HD tvs they had set up, asked me if im interested in it, told him missus had bought me xbox 360 to which he replied ,so when you gonna upgrade....the ****..... theres hardly any difference....xbox can do things the ps3 cant and vice versa. All most probably unoticeable to the average consumer....like me.... the ******* ******.....

anyway, rant over :eek:)

ahahahah he really did **** you off didnt he... where the hell are the PS3 salesmen in Meadowhell? It seems no-one in there knows anything... dont get me started on the Sony shop... not a patch on the guy in the eccy road one!

If the salesman said that to me I wouldnt hesitate in giving a 2 hour lecture in fanyboyism and how the best gaming platforms are at least a grand and come with Windows

Sony messed up with the PS3, it was a year late, its to expensive, the 360 versions of the same games run better and Sony have to pay off publishers to get exclusive bluray films to push sales of the console.

Fortunately for owners they have a decent line up of exclusive games this year but it still wont sway me to buy one and I have been a gamer for 16 years

Sorry to rant in this thread, I dont blame people for buying one simply on the back of the success of the PS2, I just feel sorry for you guys!

well yeah, the PS3 has had a hard birth... came late, cost a packet, didnt have many friends, and still waiting on the major quality releases. No doubt Xbox has the more outstanding library for new gen, but IF and its an IF the developers can utilise the power of the PS3, it will be worthwhile for its owners, and go over what the xbox is capable of.

BUT, by that time, no doubt BillG will have brought something new out...

The Live service is great, and over and above Playstation Network... but now network capabilites are better than the PS2, we will see an increase in numbers.

Either way though, there will always be fanboys... its what makes the conversations all the more fun! LOL... /times change... different needs for different gamers....

as a multi format owner, Im a little ****** that the biggest expense doesnt get me the best games... though I still have a good PS2 library guess I gotta wait till summer :tocktock:

Thats true I was expecting some jumped up replies TBH! I hope that developers do bring some decent games to the system and GT5 does look very good but the lack of in game footage runing on an actual PS3 is scarce, I dont think the PS3 has as much power as some people would let you believe, take Kill Zone two, it looks good whilst running but little things like shoddy AI make them selves obvious whilst watching vids of it running. Fanboys are amusing, especially on gamers forums. I own a PC primarily for gaming, I recently bought an Xbox for games such as Forza and other games that are pick and play typical console style games, also all of my mates own an Xbox and I was missing out!

Having both in my house..

The xbox is good.. but the thing that lets it down. is that ****** awful "disc is unreadble message" this isn't just this console as i know plenty of people with them.. also. the three red lights.. that was a bit of a major **** up.. microsoft even knew it, having to extend everyones warrantys..
Another thing about the xbox is that they keep on ripping off their customers: they release one xbox.. ok. then now there is the elite.. and this year yet ANOTHER 360 is being released.. not to mention the variations inbetween the models.. you can't trust a early second hand one, it may not have enough fans, it may well have three red lights.. it will not read discs.

so How long exactly has it taken microsoft to get it right..? about the same time it's taken for the ps3 to come out..?

not a bad console other than that.. and in my personal opinion the controllers on an xbox is a block of plastic with some colourful buttons on, and just isn't ergonomic in the slightest.

but yeh when it works, not bad..

but for reasons above. and gran turismo. i got the ps3..

*waits for backlash..?*

no backlash here... this is a car forum! ;) Go say that on the xbox site tho! ;) AHAHAH.

The red ring of death, yeah... a **** up... but its been recified (at least to me) satisfactorily.

Bong Water, yeah I agree... theres no excuse for shoddy AI... just a waste of game time, and they have struggled with ingame footage but looks like that could be why they are giving us it bit by bit, until maybe they 'can' get some game footage??

Kontraband said:
ahahahah he really did **** you off didnt he... where the hell are the PS3 salesmen in Meadowhell? It seems no-one in there knows anything... dont get me started on the Sony shop... not a patch on the guy in the eccy road one!

at xmas fella.....there was a stand just outside M&S/Topman with several LCD's.............. wheres the one on Eccy road? i work at the bottom of there:hi:

My bro's has just done the 3 lights thingy..... rang me up to register for him haha....... gotta say, i not had any probs with my elite....yet...other than ace combat 6 wont allow me to update via live, so gonna take that back to GAME me thinks.....

Sony shop on Eccy road is just up from Nonnas on the next block by the bus stop, but its called Hewitts. Nice fella and his daughter running it last time I was in, but they always try to do well on price. Although, Ive not seen a PS3 in there, the rest of the shop is all sony. :think:

Just picked up Uncharted Drakes Fortune, best ps3 game i've played so far.

Call of duty 4, nfs pro street, colin mcrae dirt, tony hawks proving ground and motorstrom.

Call of duty was really good too but i need to get the ps3 hooked up to the net so i can enjoy it more.

anyone got Burnout 4??? Ive had the other burnout games but am getting pressured to get burnout4 for the online play.... but I dont think theres gonna be much difference?!!?

i downloaded burnout 4 and im not keen on the driving view .im buying turok today

Yeah i have the demo of burnout 4.. wasn't all that impressed with it really! i think it's also because they're not real cars..

Danotto i see you've been playing turok on the network lol.. good?
I have the demo.. seems ok?

Sam-K said:
Yeah i have the demo of burnout 4.. wasn't all that impressed with it really! i think it's also because they're not real cars..

Danotto i see you've been playing turok on the network lol.. good?
I have the demo.. seems ok?

yeah, that was my thought. Also, seemed a bit monotonous. (sp.)

so do we have a PS3 PSN list??

my PSN is same as here. :)

turok,is pretty good mate,online mode still isnt as good as call of duty.so when are we gonna have a big game session

I added you on Sam... and OTS?! WHo is OTS BTW??! ;)

I'll give you a game on PES soon... cause I keep getting battered online too. Was playing last night and it was a bt laggy though, which makes things even harder...

thats Danotto ..lol, He's gonna try get a cod4 game going tonight or soon i think!
Last night, it was welll laggy! i got killed on pes loads haha.. oh dear my ranking sucks!

hahah, ok...

Ive not gone as far as ranking yet... I ruined my PES7 ranking by starting to early! ;)

Not long had a PS3 and never really been into that type of thing but thought I'd give it a go. Loving Resistance FoM online and have just bought CoD4 so I shall send some buddy requests soon. Also have; Motorstorm, Fight Night and F1 for online gaming if anyone else has them.

from here Sam - K seem to always be on when I am..

(BTW need to play you on PES2008, though I now have U3 and its taking my game time)

Add me on Hotscar, got R:FoM and Motorstorm on your list... though not played motor storm in ages!

Kontraband said:
Add me on Hotscar, got R:FoM and Motorstorm on your list... though not played motor storm in ages!

No worries mate, expect an email tonight and we can have a bash on RFoM.