Good or Bad deal on lowering springs?

Dazzle89

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Just popped into my local wheel shop as I was looking for some wheels for my wife, RSJ in Croydon, very nice place.

While I was there I asked about lowering springs for my a3, was quoted this but not sure if a good deal or not so some help please.

Supply & Fit H&R springs, with alignment + Vat £410.00?

That's similar to what I paid to have my Eibachs fitted so not too bad I'd say - not sure what the price difference is on the springs.

Reactions: pburv
Some people have the alignment done a few weeks after the springs have been fitted just to let things settle - mine was done all at once and has been fine.

Good deal to me too!
And as Rob2k68 said, I had alignemet a few weeks later. :)

Reactions: Rob2k68
AMD are doing mine, eibachs supp/fitted with machine alignment for £300 all in.
Ive opted to have the top mounts done at the same time for an extra £105.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
AMD are doing mine, eibachs supp/fitted with machine alignment for £300 all in.
Ive opted to have the top mounts done at the same time for an extra £105.

Sensible move having upper mounts done at the same time - you do mean top mounts and bearings ?

Sensible move having upper mounts done at the same time - you do mean top mounts and bearings ?

Yep! Top mounts and bearings. Just over £50 a side so thought it was a no brainer really. Think I read somewhere you had yours replaced aswell?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Yep! Top mounts and bearings. Just over £50 a side so thought it was a no brainer really. Think I read somewhere you had yours replaced aswell?

Yep no brainer good thinking. Had mine done about 5k after the springs were fitted so in effect paid the labour twice - it sorted out a clunk tho so was worth doing.

Reactions: pburv and J7USS
Springs £200 H+R's
Fitting cost me £150

I paid £180 for Eibachs, £120 for fitting and £60 for alignment, so £40 difference. Not a bad price!

Reactions: Rob2k68
I paid more for the MSS Kits but I they are fully adjustable and great ride comfort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just popped into my local wheel shop as I was looking for some wheels for my wife, RSJ in Croydon, very nice place.

While I was there I asked about lowering springs for my a3, was quoted this but not sure if a good deal or not so some help please.

Supply & Fit H&R springs, with alignment + Vat £410.00?

Just seen this thread, where abouts do you live? RSJ is about 10 mins from me, I'm up in Selsdon.

I sold some springs and spacers for £200 only a couple of months back, you could have had them if I had known!

Reactions: MKC