Good on her

Absolute joke!! A second hand car at that...If it was an R8 then that's a different matter!! Audi are doing well offering to pay half but no doubt to avoid any negative publicity they will pay for the 'free meal' in full!!

Even if they were being excessive, I blame Audi for not setting a price limit!

Wow, so the dealership accidentally damages the car (accidents happen, everyone is human), and they admit it and go out of their way to pay for the damage and give her a gesture of good will and she completely takes the p*ss??

Ok, so they didn't set a limit, but I'd feel guilty about handing in a bill of anything more £60, let alone over 10x that! Some people need to take a good long look at themselves in the mirror.....

Reactions: Wondering Soul
I would not do this either. But I am just saying they should have set a limit.
Over here when given a certificate, voucher or whatever, they put the
dollar amount on it, and you pay anything over that price!

I would not do this either. But I am just saying they should have set a limit.
Over here when given a certificate, voucher or whatever, they put the
dollar amount on it.
Perhaps they were hoping the customer would show them the same respect they gave the customer.

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Yes. But there are unfortunately a lot of people who take advantage of an
opportunity. It's called CYA. (Cover your *** )

Yes. But there are unfortunately a lot of people who take advantage of an
opportunity. It's called CYA. (Cover your *** )
I don't disagree at all. And at the end of the day if she had maybe been a little less cheeky and billed them £200 they may have just paid it without making a fuss, and learned a lesson for next time to give out vouchers / set a limit. Ultimately she pushed too far and I think they're perfectly entitled to push back.... The customer isn't always right....

Hopefully they are now covering their asses for the future :)

Reactions: Wondering Soul and Blackwhite
She was clearly trying to be a smart a**, backfired though which is quite amusing.

Fair play to Audi for offering a free meal (agree they should of set limits though) and all the rest that it says they have offered in the article.

I'm totally with her. If they didn't put a limit on it then the onus is on Audi:audibash:

A meal up to £150 for example would have all it would have needed. Poor training from someone at the dealership.

It's a great restaurant by the way:thumbs up:

At the end of the day you should always remember the Hoover free flights promotion. The devil is in the detail...or not as the case may be:undwech: