Good Old Audi

vr6gordy

Reaction score
Got my new fuel pump this morning only to find out it's the wrong one well the box has the right part number but inside the box it's a different part so have to wait till weekend now to sort it .. I can't blame the young lad at York audi for this as it's not his fault .. Someone in packing has put the wrong part number on the box .. Who ever you are thank you for cocking my day up

Come on own up,who was it?

No one is leaving this thread until the person owns up.

Its your time you are wasting,

Reactions: AudiLeon and crazy88
It ****** you off when you got your day planned out

Seems the part I got was right but what they didn't give me was the part to block of the return pipe hole so it was part my fault

Takes a BIG man to admit a mistake.

Shame Audi can't be as BIG for all their mistakes....... LOL.

Audi produce absolutely smashing cars and I'll be sticking with mine till it dies and then I'll buy another one.

I Agree, Audi do produce smashing cars, BUT....... try and claim for rust bubbling on your front wheel arches under their 12yr corrosion free warranty and the first thing they do is try and get out of it, claiming it's as a result of stone chips and therefore not covered under their corrosion warranty. Best you will get is a 70/30 split on the costs. They will try and totally ignore you if the car was serviced at any independant garage and not an Audi Dealership. This is documented hundreds of times.

Roof Corrosion on the runners........... Same Story

I just replaced the complete timing gear on my S4 B6 using all genuine parts, running into thousands of pounds. Having put the engine back into the car I found that I had an issued with the variable timing, it was not retarding. This was found to be as a result of defective items, the electronic timing solenoids (Audi described the fault being due to a manufacturing defect)....... I had to remove the engine again, dismantle the back of the engine and the items were replaced by Audi....... Did they pay me or my garage for the costs involved in removing the engine again ......... No, they didn't want to know.

Are Audi aware of the timing chain tensioner issues on the Audi S4 V8.... YES. The tensions fails (Cracks) after about 60 - 80k miles on the S4 V8....... YES they are aware !!!!!! Have they ever done anything about it ...... NO, they even sell the original item when it needs to be replaced, no modifications to resolve the issue, which would be very easy to do, even I can see how the issue could be resolved.

Audi do build smashing cars, but their customer relations is CRAP.

Well......... Agree or Disagree, one way or the other, oh and take your blinkers off. Audi do produce great cars, but they aren't perfect just as many manufacturers aren't.

What gets me though is when they don't accept responsibility for known issues.

Reactions: AudiLeon
Yawn.......

There isn't many who are as enthusiastic about their car and search for perfection as I have done, I'm just stating facts that are widely available for everyone to read where owners have had issues that Audi haven't been very forthcoming is resolving.