Good news! :-) and not so good news! :-(

Az

Hard slammed!
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Well, the good news is myself and my wife found out last week that we're expecting our 3rd child! :) the mrs fell pregnant quicker than we were expecting! (that's the last one now, 3 is more than enough! Lol)

Now, the bad news is I'm now going to have to sell my beloved A4. :( we tend to go away quite often and with the 2 children we have at the moment we just about manage to squeeze everything into the car when we go away, so with a 3rd on it's way and the amount of gear you need to carry around with babies I'm pretty safe to say that something larger is needed.

We sold my wife's focus on Monday, so the plan is to buy 2 new cars from the sale of my A4 as well as her focus. This could work in my favour as well, if we buy a car which is big enough for the kids etc then that can be the wife's car as she'll have the kids 80% of the time when I'm at work, so the plan is to get her a nice 4x4 or something which can also be used as our family car, (I'm thinking ML merc maybe) then I can get a small nippy car like a hot hatch for myself to blat to work and back in (I'm thinking a civic type r again)

I'll be seriously gutted to see the A4 go, I've put so much into that car, and in the last 2 months alone I've spent £2k on it with the full RS4 interior and RNS-E etc, so just when I get the car looking exactly how I've wanted! :(

Oh well, hopefully someone on here will end up buying it and enjoying it as much as I have, it's an awesome awesome car.

:( :( :( but :) :) :) for the forth (or third I should say) coming baby!

Az

link the car when its up for sale

Yeah I will do, just gotta get a couple of bits done first before it goes up so its 110% for who ever buys it.

congratulations
sorry you have to sell the car
the boot are not to very big

Congrats on the kid!

Its not all bad, CTR is perfect for fun and you can always loba couple of kids in the back! I've actually jsut purcahsed one again as my second car and love it. The Audi is perfect to get to work, but rather boring. The Civic is my weekend and track toy! :)

So.... Get a CTR! :D

Yeah I know the CTR's are good, I've owned one before. I had a mint NHB 30th anniversary edition with some tasty mods, it was a wicked car, I like my honda's just as much as my audi's, as you can tell from my 'post pics of your past cars' thread in this forum.

I did consider other cars such as a Clio 182, or megane 225, but then they are French, made of plastic, break on a regular basis, then cost stupid amounts of money to repair, so I quickly went off that idea. Then I thought about another 8L S3, but then I've had 2 of them in the past and they're lovely but not really a chuckable or dare I say it, fun car, plus I know they also cost a lot to repair and maintain. Then I thought of a mini cooper s, but they're just too small really. So, the civic looks like a winner, mental high revving ultra reliable engine, bullet proof, don't cost a lot to run or maintain, and they are still a big car for a hatchback, big enough boot for a buggy and enough room in the back for even adults let alone kids.

Az gutted your selling up mate the car was looking perfect, are you going to sell it with the RS4 interior in??

Yeah it would be sold as it is paul, I don't have the time to pull bits apart to sell separately.

Wonder if the misses will let me have 2 A4's :unsure:, it would make the drive look good, Good Luck with the sale mate someone will get an awesome car

Lol! Go on paul! Buy it! Have the both of them sitting pretty on your driveway :icon_thumright:

yep - had a 172 the best handling car i've owned actaually, far better than the 3 CTR's i've had. But your right, full of plastic. The only advantage it had over the civic was the handling.

172's are so cheap now! this was my old one.

CIMG0056.jpg

current CTR - Project...

IMG_1068.jpg

Get a CTR! :)

Congrats on your news mate. actually this could work in your favour. Third child? you're gonna need a bigger car!

Q5.........Q7 :w00t:

Lol! Go on paul! Buy it! Have the both of them sitting pretty on your driveway :icon_thumright:

Arron your a good salesman mate, see how much you want for it first....:thumbsup:

Congrats on your news mate. actually this could work in your favour. Third child? you're gonna need a bigger car!

Q5.........Q7 :w00t:

Cheers mate! If only I had the money for a Q7! It would be my first choice of 4x4 without a doubt.

Paul - haha, well hopefully I won't need to be a salesman to sell the car, it should sell itself when anyone comes to view it....

Congratulations on the good news mate. As for the car, absolutely geat looker. slow moving in the car sales world so I wish you luck as its a buyers market, its all relevant though so bargains to be had for you also.

****** kids.........they get in the way of everything!!!

Congrats mate. Hope all goes well.

Cheers for the congrats Jon. Although I can't agree with you 100% on the buyers market, I think it's a bit different for the likes of my car or similar as it's not the average a4. If it was a standard a4 just like every other on the road then I completely agree as they'll be plenty to choose from where buyers could go too and from haggling between them all to get the best deal, but with a car like mine it's a case of if you really like it for what it is and you know that there are no others on the market like it then you'll have to pay the price. I know it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but the fact that it's a pretty unique a4 makes it less of a buyers market I think.

I'm not using that as an excuse to ask a ridiculous premium, but at the same time I won't let it go for a stupidly low price just because people think its a buyers market. If I sell the car and I see something that really takes my fancy and it's a bit unique then I would be willing to pay a decent price if that's what I really want. But maybe that's just me........

****** kids.........they get in the way of everything!!!

Congrats mate. Hope all goes well.

Haha! Well, can't complain Nate, it's us that brings them into the world so it's not their fault. ;)

Thanks for the congrats :)

Arron,
I guess your right, if its not a run of the mill car, and yours isnt, and someone is looking for one like that, they have less choice and that commands more premium! Simple. You know I am a fan anyway!!!
Of course the flipside of that arguement is that becuse your potential audience may be smaller than for a 'normal' A4, you may have to be a little more patient.........Either way its a corking car, someone is going to get a beauty !!!

Yep, your absolutely right Jon, I know I'd have to be more patient but then I'm in no rush to sell it cos I obviously don't want to! :( but, having said that I may have to get my bum in gear as the mrs will need a car again very soon.

Thanks for the comments though mate, likewise I'm a fan of your car as you know :thumbsup: if I get a chance this weekend I'll give the car a wash and get some photos together, I may write up an advert for it, but really I need to get a couple of bits done first like remove my private plate.