Good Friday Tinkering - some dechroming......

Richardesty

loves quattro
Reaction score
In between showers I've dechromed the window surrounds using 3M Di-Noc Carbon effect film........
c1-1.jpg

Also did the boot trim.......
c3.jpg

And whilst I was at it I replaced the Kahn Centre caps with Audi ones.....
c2.jpg

Before:
DSCF3416.jpg

After:
c4.jpg

How did you do the rear chrome on the top of the rear bumper? Mine is starting to bubble.

Are you going to do the interior trim?

And that really is a nice fence.

Looks really good :icon_thumright:

(The car not the fence....)

that looks wicked mate, was it hard applying the film? i want to do the same with my wood trim, but dont know how to take them off LOL

I do hope you're talking about dashboard trim and not that you've got wood trim on the outside of your car :icon_thumright:

I don't think the trims are hard to take off, but the stuff is relatively easy to apply, I did my window surrounds in situ........

Here's some in situ guidance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odw8ZQD0gHk&feature=related

I didn't use any primer - just make sure the surface in clean :icon_thumright:

yep the b6 is exactly the same as b7 but drewbee above, looking at his rear lights is a b6 anyway. ALSO his is a cabriolet !! all is the same except the one above the glovebox, dont try prizing that one out, there is a bolt holding the side nearest the door in, behind the end panel which can easily be removed

thanks for the advice guys. will attemp this soon.

so all trim except the driver side light swtch pannel can be peeled off. mines an auto - any idea how to remove the gearbox trim and front n rear ash tray? - it wasnt clear on the link.

no drew, the one above the glove box is bolted one end. as above along with the light switch one.

I believe the gear surround should come up if you pull the gaitor carefully. The front ashtray trim has a set of grooves on the front, just separate these from the main ashtray and then slide (forwards I think) and it should come off.

How did you do the rear chrome on the top of the rear bumper? Mine is starting to bubble.

And that really is a nice fence.

I had the same problem mate, mine was also bubbling but then i bought a new one for about £12.00 and its easy to fit.

Just open your boot, and very carefully use a knife or flat tool to lift it from the bumper, i covered a knife with a cloth to avoid paint damage.

Its a ******* to remove as you cant just pull it, you have to wriggle it as it is clipped in from both sides, but once its loose it should go, then simply clip in your new one and it looks 100x better.

Now there was a good idea for some Bank Holiday Monday activity!

Handle.jpg

handles-1.jpg

Also slipped some paint onto the rear rings...........ready to match my new front grill when I get round to fitting it!

Rings.jpg

Hey Rich. When are you going to stop? Maybe di-noc the steering wheel or maybe the seat belts ;)