Good deals - Buying an S3 - Discounts

Q5 TRS

Reaction score
Has anyone had really good PCP deals from anywhere they'd like to share?

Looking to purchase a new 8Y S3 Saloon and looking for PCP finance quotes. Sorry if there's another thread, couldn't find one on my searches.

Thanks
Thom

Drive the deal are offering between £3500-£4500 off for a factory order lower discount is for a basic spec car higher discount is for the Vorsprung.....add extras =more discount

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and FBF01
I got a drive the deal price and took it to a carwow dealer who not only matched it, but gave me a further discount. Saved over £6,000.

Reactions: pburv and NevMan
Got 12% off my S3 8Y as a returning customer to Audi and same branch.

Reactions: pburv
I got a drive the deal price and took it to a carwow dealer who not only matched it, but gave me a further discount. Saved over £6,000.
Getting that amount of discount off an S3 within its first year of production has never happened before on the model...does not bode well for residuals at all

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze and pburv
Getting that amount of discount off an S3 within its first year of production has never happened before on the model...does not bode well for residuals at all

This is very true, although I would say possibly a lot of the discount is made up of PCP Audi UK and Dealer Contributions at the moment and trying to get the new model out there due to Covid

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
This is very true, although I would say possibly a lot of the discount is made up of PCP Audi UK and Dealer Contributions at the moment and trying to get the new model out there due to Covid

May 2017 l got £5800 discount off a £48k car and l thought that was a great deal at the time and the APR was 4-5% which was great, my last S3 at£39k came with a £3900 discount and a 6-5% APR in 2015 in hindsight that was an expensive car

And ye kept that 8Y purchase card close te yer chest mate....lol

Reactions: pburv and Sparks43
May 2017 l got £5800 discount off a £48k car and l thought that was a great deal at the time and the APR was 4-5% which was great, my last S3 at£39k came with a £3900 discount and a 6-5% APR in 2015 in hindsight that was an expensive car

And ye kept that 8Y purchase card close te yer chest mate....lol

How long before a certain Harry Enfield type who’s on here comes along and tells you.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
How long before a certain Harry Enfield type who’s on here comes along and tells you.......

Lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and 8YARWY

I should clarify, I ordered an A3 not an S3, was just posting my method to help OP :redface new:

Thanks for all the suggestions. i did try DrivetheDeal but got a little better discount with Coast2Coast Cars. Had a nice chat with Gordon at C2C and he came back with the best finance quote. Car is now ordered, build week 15.

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
I should clarify, I ordered an A3 not an S3, was just posting my method to help OP :redface new:
Same thing applies mate it don't matter what model it is of the 8y the more discount you get off a new car the weaker the residual value will be at the end the 8y aint even a year old as you know it just didn't happen with the 8v variants especially in the first year of production

Same thing applies mate it don't matter what model it is of the 8y the more discount you get off a new car the weaker the residual value will be at the end the 8y aint even a year old as you know it just didn't happen with the 8v variants especially in the first year of production

It is worth remembering that we are in unusual times. I wonder how much of the discounting is driven by low car sales resulting from COVID and uncertainty around Brexit rather than just the 8Y being inherently unpopular? Are other models and brands receiving larger than usual discounts too?

exactly. I have only seen a handful of cars on a 20 plate, same with 69 plates. I'm seeing a ton of 70 plates now and I think that the pandemic definitely caused a problem so manufacturers are now wanting to kickstart the market again. I mean the VW plant shut down for around 6 or 7 weeks I think at least. now with all the new measures in place, social distancing, tools being sanitised after every shift will obviously slow things down.
  • MARCH-APRIL 2020

The coronavirus pandemic forces the longest closure in Wolfsburg's 82-year history. The plant reopens on April 27 at 10-15% of its production capacity.

Its good for me though as its the biggest discount I've ever received from a dealer, meaning I could get a better specced car so I'm well happy.

Reactions: AdamInKent and pburv
It is worth remembering that we are in unusual times. I wonder how much of the discounting is driven by low car sales resulting from COVID and uncertainty around Brexit rather than just the 8Y being inherently unpopular? Are other models and brands receiving larger than usual discounts too?
Most folks blame that **** flu for everything "Low car sales" no such thing dealerships are busy and will continue to be, my sons dealership group hit a all time high for the last half of 2020 and they continue to be busy since the start of February the 8y aint selling like previous models if folks are getting £6k off £35k £43k cars

Reactions: Mr Freeze, AdamInKent and pburv
By the end of April going into May I reckon manufacturers will start offering bigger discounts due to customers being allowed to travel and visit showrooms. There will probably be a rush on sales?
All guesswork not facts mind you.:shrug:

Car sales have stayed strong as it's been one of the few big ticket items people could still buy over this situation, wait until people's disposable income drops to pre covid levels again and people can go on holiday again. The windfall the car industry has experienced will soon drop, probably more than usual as those who could afford a new car have recently bought one so won't have need for another for 3 or more years.

CA23B772 D54E 43A9 A163 A89C50D1FEEC
This graph from the SMMT shows that car sales in the past year are significantly down on the year before, though most of the damage looks to have been have been done during the first lockdown (sales in Apr & May were almost non-existent). January ‘21 seems to have been another poor month (unless sales are still to be counted): might this explain S3 TRS’s good deal?

https://www.smmt.co.uk/vehicle-data/

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Q5 TRS
View attachment 216166 This graph from the SMMT shows that car sales in the past year are significantly down on the year before, though most of the damage looks to have been have been done during the first lockdown (sales in Apr & May were almost non-existent). January ‘21 seems to have been another poor month (unless sales are still to be counted): might this explain S3 TRS’s good deal?

https://www.smmt.co.uk/vehicle-data/

Anyone that gets a good deal on any new car....all the better they're all over priced to begin with but to get £6000 off of an A3 @Ludus is unheard of what percentage is that??? l got around a 18% discount but that included the existing £4500 contribution from Audi but l could have never walked into a Audi dealership and got a 18% discount on my chosen car especially a factory order, the TT is an older model ergo the larger overall discount but again the discount l got back in January has dropped by almost £1000 now as it stands anyone that gets more than a £4500 discount off of a £42k S3 has done well or more so been extremely lucky

Reactions: AdamInKent, pburv and Sparks43
Anyone that gets a good deal on any new car....all the better they're all over priced to begin with but to get £6000 off of an A3 @Ludus is unheard of what percentage is that??? l got around a 18% discount but that included the existing £4500 contribution from Audi but l could have never walked into a Audi dealership and got a 18% discount on my chosen car especially a factory order, the TT is an older model ergo the larger overall discount but again the discount l got back in January has dropped by almost £1000 now as it stands anyone that gets more than a £4500 discount off of a £42k S3 has done well or more so been extremely lucky

List price was £32k I got it for a little over £26k. I was quite impressed as I was deliberating between the A3 and the new Seat Leon, Audi essentially matched the best Leon price I could find. The PCP came up about £8 more a month in the end for the A3, so was a no brainer really, extremely happy with the deal. How much of that was made up with Audi contributions I'd have to check but there was a month or two of negotiations and me essentially saying, if you can't beat this then i'll take my money elsewhere. I didn't quite expect it to go my way, fully prepared to walk away and get the Seat but all the dealerships seemed desperate for the sale and were all calling me every day... so it was just a case of playing them off against each other. Once I got my final price I pushed my luck to see if the other dealerships were willing to beat the price, they laughed and put the phone down saying that price was essentially giving the car away for free. I think I just got really lucky, but deal is done so couldn't be happier :thumbs up:

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, AdamInKent and Jassyo06
List price was £32k I got it for a little over £26k. I was quite impressed as I was deliberating between the A3 and the new Seat Leon, Audi essentially matched the best Leon price I could find. The PCP came up about £8 more a month in the end for the A3, so was a no brainer really, extremely happy with the deal. How much of that was made up with Audi contributions I'd have to check but there was a month or two of negotiations and me essentially saying, if you can't beat this then i'll take my money elsewhere. I didn't quite expect it to go my way, fully prepared to walk away and get the Seat but all the dealerships seemed desperate for the sale and were all calling me every day... so it was just a case of playing them off against each other. Once I got my final price I pushed my luck to see if the other dealerships were willing to beat the price, they laughed and put the phone down saying that price was essentially giving the car away for free. I think I just got really lucky, but deal is done so couldn't be happier :thumbs up:

Shy wains dont get any cake as they say... up around my neck of the woods mate good on ye l could'nt be ***** with all that haggling/brow beating to be honest....not got the time

Reactions: pburv, Ludus and AdamInKent
My dad searches for the best lease deal when looking for a car. The latest one was an Audi A8. He had a difference of £1 over 3 years and obviously went for the cheapest.
When the finance docs came it was 99p dearer and he tipexed out the 99p and put .00 “as agreed” next to it