Good deal for S4

I

imported_timwiti

How does this sound?

Sept 04 7k miles - manual, leather, BOSE, mulichanger auto-dimming mirror.

£32k

What sort of depreciation should I expect over the next 2 years?

Sounds ok.. My 04 was 29K but higher mileage and more spec..
expect to lose quite a lot as B7 starts becoming second hand!.
I suspect in 2 years, you should net about 26k ish depending on whether you sell privately or to a delaer.

That price is fine. Trade at one year old is c£27k, two years £23/24k & £20k at three years. So over two years you would lose c£11k retail to trade. Enjoy...and welcome to another S4 owner in Scotland (tanking it down at the mo!).

Good price, go for it.

Makes me a bit happier about how little it has dropped since I bought mine from new in December.

How about this deal?

oct 03 S4 avant - 14k miles red, full leather heated, BOSE, multichanger, sunroof, armrest , fridge, 30k and a pretty good price for my S3

S3 is due a service and timing belt change - its never looked a better time to go for it!

Sounds too much money to me.

004 04 Reg Audi S4 4.2 quattro (New Model),
4 Doors, Manual, Saloon, Petrol, 13,000 miles, Ebony Black Pearlescent, Anti-lock brakes,Electric driver/passenger seat height adjustment,Driver, passenger, front side and side air bags,Alarm,18in alloy wheels,Remote central Door locking,Climate control,Driver information system,Cruise control,Electric/heated Door mirrors,Front/rear armrest,Driver/passenger electric seats,Front/rear electric windows,Front/rear head restraints,Power-assisted steering,Driver/passenger electric seat lumbar support,Electronic stability programme,Rake/reach adjustable steering column/wheel,Immobiliser,Six CD autochanger,Front fog lights,Satellite navigation system,alcantara/leather interior, 4WD. Gsm phone prep, aluminium inlays, rear blinds. £31,995.

Robinsons Audi
Dealer's WebsiteDealer's LocationContact Dealer

Tel: (01603) 724500

Distance: 8 miles
Price: £31,995

They said that they would probably go down to £30k for that one too.

should be able to get sub 30K for 03 S4's now but then again, if its a great spec, it could be worth paying a bit moreto get a nice one.

Yeah, exactly, they said they would do that 04 one for £30k and it has Nav+ , Phone prep etc. on it.

I would want to pay £25k for an 03 and £26k for a 53 plate when 04 plates can be had really well specced and low miles for £30k.
I would pay another grand for a tiptronic and another grand or two for an avant as they always sell far better when they get a little older.

i was at robinsons this morning, that black S4 looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Placed the deposit today - perhaps I should have slept on it and I would have read the above emails.

I've got a grand off the 30k - they wouldn't budge any further - all I managed was the reg number transfer fee and the usual tank of fuel and 6 months tax.

Claimed they were giving me last months book price for my S3
I checked out the Audi web (i don't want to buy private) last night and all avants under £30k had similar spec and a lot more miles. (this has 14k miles)

I think its still on the web (Aberdeen Audi).
Let me know if I've been done!

Oct 03 - 14k miles
full leather *
sunroof
Bose *
Symphony *
in dash multichanger *
auto dimming mirror
auto lights
arm rest *
fridge
drawers under seats/ski load thingy
just been serviced - 4 new tyres

(* = must have for me)

wish it had a tv

I wouldn't complain about the price with that spec, nice choice.

Is your sunroof of the solar variety and did you get a choice of tyres?

not solar unfortunately
tyres already on Goodyear Eagle.

not too surprised audi won't shift much on price - i've looked at quite a few S4's and 1.8T (190) recently and they have all been sold within a day or two! Both seem pretty rare up here in Scotland.

A bit surprised all new tyres at 14k - does this suggest its had a hard life?

I think I'll have a stab at selling the S3 private - could save another grand?

anybody interested?

[ QUOTE ]
not solar unfortunately
tyres already on Goodyear Eagle.

not too surprised audi won't shift much on price - i've looked at quite a few S4's and 1.8T (190) recently and they have all been sold within a day or two! Both seem pretty rare up here in Scotland.

A bit surprised all new tyres at 14k - does this suggest its had a hard life?

I think I'll have a stab at selling the S3 private - could save another grand?

anybody interested?

[/ QUOTE ]

14K may be OK for new tyres, I have around 3k left on mine now with 13.5K on the clock bit the shoulders are wearing through the tread pattern now, so don't be too surprised. Excellent replacements though in F1 GSD3's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

As for your S3, haggle with the dealer. I managed to get a good price for my 52 plate with 36000 on the clock. Managed to get within £500 of what I could have got privately. They sold it on for £1K over what they gave me for it but it needed stone chip cosmetic surgery so not too concerned. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

GSD3's - whats this?

2000 S3 with 58k miles usual spec with sunroof and multichanger exellent condition
10.5k from dealer - seems pretty good? (probably the wrong forum for this)

timwiti

Welcome - there's a few of use S4 owners up here in Scotland.

I've got two S4 Avants', one with BOSE and one without and I can't tell the difference in sound quality. I think its because the Symphony unit is so good.

£29k is ok and red looks great.

GSD3's are the latest version of Goodyear F1 tyres. Prior to them there was GSD2's which had a slightly different tread and possibly rubber.

Good deal, I've had Goodyear F1 GSD3's on my S3 and I think ScoTTy has had them on his TT and now his S4. Excellent grip both dry and especially wet and very low road noise and fairly durable.

As for your S3, couldn't say but seems OK looking at Autotrader where 2000/1 cars are going for anything beteen 9 and 11.5K, trade and private. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Timwiti,
Well done; you wont regret it!..
As for the deal, I think its about right from a dealer with that spec.
TV is ok, but you cant watch it whilst in motion anyway!...

As for pricing your S3, ask to see the glass' guide book price as that is what the dealer should pay and any deal over that will be coming out of the overallowance in the S4.
Full tank of fuel and 12 months tax is part of what Audi have to offer in their used car sales anyway so everyone should get this.
I had new vredsteins on the front of mine when I had it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif at 25k miles and I am waiting for them to run down so I can put some decent tyres on it! .
Post some pics asap; we all want to see it!..

Cheers

I'm only getting 6 months tax - it was 12 months or the registration transfer fee paid so I went for the transfer which is 80 quid I think.

Do all Audi used cars have 12months tax?

They've agreed full tank of fuel and repairing 2 alloys - buffing up rear wing and replacing cargo net.

6 months is normal. I said ok as you are paying on the money for what you are getting.

FWIW I paid £32.5k for a ten month old one at 3k miles earlier this year from a main dealer. So £3-4k depreciation pa retail to retail is about right.

Well p*&&£d off Audi are now saying they won't fit the towbar.

If I want the car I will have to take it away and fit it myself.

Should I do this (warranty and insurance issues)?

I don't think the warranty is such an issue but as I posted a while back in the other thread, insurance could be the problem.

Tim, phone your insurance as ask if there would be a problem. You never know - maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise!

Reckon the cooling issue will only occur if you are right at the limits (which they test for) - i.e. maximum towing weight, 4 passengers and in the sahara! You should be OK with your jetski in Scotland!!

Hmmm. bottom line is that officially, the S4 should not tow although in your case, a jetski isnt exactly going to make the car struggle..!