Good Deal??? - 1.8T(190PS) s-line A4

RS84

R15 - TDI Power
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been offered a 2004 1.8T s-line A4 (the 190 PS version) with 62,000 miles on the clock for what seems like a decent price.

Was wondering if anyone owns/has owned/driven one - and how they found it?

I had been originally considering a 1.9TDi (130 PS version) - and was wondering (apart from the obvious power differnce) how the 2 stacked up against each other?

Was the s-line trim available on the TDi models at the end of 2004?

Cheers,

Aido

Do a search for 1.8T 190 as there's been loads of conversation about this model! Pav-G has a thread a little lower on the list titled selling my 190 or something like that so drop him a PM for any info you need as to what they're like. Comparing to a 1.9TDi though they make they're power very differently, the diesel will produce much more torque and lower down, but the petrol 1.8T 190 will be quicker & more rev happy. It'll also cost more to run given it will return less mpg if you do enough miles to overcome the price difference betweeen petrol & diesel. And yes there should of been a TDi s-line out in 2004.

mines been a good car had it a year, i previously had a 1.9tdi but dont do enough miles to make up for the fuel price difference, i only do 8k a year ish. i do miss the torque though but when i have remaped mine ill be happy

Thanks Bubstar, I'd suspected that might be the case alright. I'm fairly sure it would have been late 2004 when they introduced the upgraded 1.8T. Are there many of them around? I'm in Ireland and this is the 1st I've seen with that spec for that model/year.

Does anyone know what was included in that s-line pack?

Half leather seats, brushed alluminium trim, 17" RS4s, s-line badges (side only?) ???

Was there sports suspension included?

I have both the S-Line (190) 1.8T and the 1.9tdi (130). Both are FWD also.

Both are very good cars in their own right. The petrol obviously revs easier/quicker/higher. The DERV is more sedate and fuel efficient. Both are re-mapped, and get approximately 30mpg o/a from the 1.8T and 45mpg from the DERV.

Really depends on how you drive, how you like to drive (thrashing it through the revs), miles driven etc etc...

Can recommend both...

Thanks Bubstar, I'd suspected that might be the case alright. I'm fairly sure it would have been late 2004 when they introduced the upgraded 1.8T. Are there many of them around? I'm in Ireland and this is the 1st I've seen with that spec for that model/year.

Does anyone know what was included in that s-line pack?

Half leather seats, brushed alluminium trim, 17" RS4s, s-line badges (side only?) ???

Was there sports suspension included?

it was 2003 when the 190 1.8t was introduced and the 1.8t sport gmbh 190 was the forerunner to the s-line. the 190 was also available in the se trim but they are few and far between. i dont think the s-lines have a brushed ali trim they had a matt ali trim i think, they had an s-line badged air leather steering wheel, rear door badges, half leather seats,s-line badged door sill trims, gmbh bodykit, lower suspension, and rs6 wheels. the 17" rs4,s were fitted to the 1.8t le versions available with the 163 bhp engine.

Cheers Jase,

That's great.

Yeah I've a few pics of the car alright, they're not too detailed though. I just assumed it was a brushed alluminium trim, could be matt alright...

That's a pity about the wheels then, I would have prefered the RS6s!

Hi,

I'm currently selling my Audi A4 Avant 1.8 T (190bhp) S Line

Spec is as follow's

May 2004 "04 Plate"
48,000 miles
Full VAG service history
18 inch RS6
6 disc front loader with Bose
Half leather (silver)
Ayako Silver
PCD
Chrome pack
Interior light pack
Fully loaded

Offers in the region of £10,990.

The car has been a pleasure to own and drive and will be surely missed, but a growing family has resulted in a reluctant sale!!

My 2004 tdi 130bhp sport is for sale in the classified section, aluminium trim, rs4 cab mirrors, s-line front and side badges, gmbh etc etc. finished in Pearl black
60500 miles

Loads of piccies available if needed. 9895 ono

it was 2003 when the 190 1.8t was introduced and the 1.8t sport gmbh 190 was the forerunner to the s-line. the 190 was also available in the se trim but they are few and far between. i dont think the s-lines have a brushed ali trim they had a matt ali trim i think, they had an s-line badged air leather steering wheel, rear door badges, half leather seats,s-line badged door sill trims, gmbh bodykit, lower suspension, and rs6 wheels. the 17" rs4,s were fitted to the 1.8t le versions available with the 163 bhp engine.

Jase is right again.

In the UK the B6 S-Lines had half silver or black leather, 18" Five Arm wheels ,brushed alloy trim, Quattro Gmbh Suspension & body kit,black headlining, full DIS, int' light pack + a few more bits and bobs. The June '04 on cars had the S-Line badged steering wheel.

They ran from March to Sept 2004.

BUB :thumbsup:

I'd go for it mate, ive driven both and in my opinion 190 all the way - you miss the torque from a diesel but the 190 is plug and play and believe me you will have fun through them gears. You will get the common problems in all i.e. failed coil packs but an inexpensive fix plus the 190 comes standard with the s-line kit, 6 speed gearbox, sport seats, 17's etc - just go for it and enjoy.

I'll be selling my 190 late 53 plate with 81k for around £8,495 for an indicator. Hopefully it should be snapped up at that price