Gone but not forgotten...

Hotscar

Four Wheel Drifting
Reaction score
...sold my S3 today. Advertised it Saturday night, got a few calls and arranged viewings for tonight and the first person that came gave me cash and drove the car away. It needed 4 tyres and as a result he bid me down £400 (I expected to lose more) but overall, I'm happy with the outcome.

Probably wont go for an Audi next but if it's okay with you guys, I'll probably hang around as I do find this site entertaining!

I always worry about people turning up though in an evening with a large amount of cash! I mean, how would you be sure its all genuine money? Also, when you bank it they will ask you money laundering questions and will check though it carefully.

Being paid for cars is risky, period!!

Thats why if someone is bringing cash you take them to the bank and let them count it, that way they weigh it which means they count it quicker and detect if its counterfeit, would you really sit there and count 10,000+ of 20's holding each one to the light? :slapped:

Thats why if someone is bringing cash you take them to the bank and let them count it, that way they weigh it which means they count it quicker and detect if its counterfeit, would you really sit there and count 10,000+ of 20's holding each one to the light? :slapped:

Spot on and that's what I did. He'd caught a ferry from Ireland on the Monday, arranged quite a few viewings for the Tuesday and wanted to drive one of them back on the Wednesday so it all sounded legit to me. As said above, I took him to the bank, took copies of his driving licence, bank card and insure certificate just in case.

I'm impressed! Mine has been proving more difficult to sell :( I guess it's down to pre-facelift phobia again....