Gone back to an A3, new purchase help needed :)

Thomas_FSI

Reaction score
Hello,

I used to own a black A3, 2.0T which I sold a few years ago,

I've decided to go back to the trusty A3 and have put down a deposit on a 58 plate 2.0 Tdi 170 S Line sport back.

I am looking to get the wheels powder coated in anthracite, but am unsure as to whether to do the roof and wing mirrors black.

Is any more capable than me able to play around with these pictures for me please?

Audi1.jpg

Audi2.jpg

Wheels = yes
Mirrors = maybe
Roof = nope

Almost right ie wheels only NOT mirrors/roof.
Consider what a professional designer, not what we so called DIY experts would do. Note that some cars have Anthracite wheels as standard.
Too much 'messing' about with an original just results in, well a mess. Makes selling on difficult as I assure you Audi dealers or any quality outlet will not want something tarted up on the forecourt.

As a compromise, buy a set of mirror housings/caps and get them done however you want, but keep your colour-coded originals for if/when you sell the car on. Simple.

if thats the way you want to go, try vinyl wrap. me not keen on black roof & mirrors :undwech: but its your car

Mirrors, wheels but not the roof :)

Red & black trimmings always works imho.

is someone able to do the wheels and mirrors on PS for me please :)

Maybe its the camera but that red looks a bit lifeless. The bonnet looks a different shade of red compared to the bumpers too.

it's the pictures from the dealer, lifted of AT.

looks orangey, definitely red in real life ! will get some better picutres when I pick it up

thanks for that very helpful,

I couldnt find a decent picture of a Misano Red Black Edition with those wheels