Gone and ordered a new toy...

That's a great choice but there's some great low mileage M3's for sale.
Yeah I know but I've already had an E91 before and think I fancy a change. Plus you can hardly find any manuals in them.

................how about this Rob.......................even got the Liquid yellow accents especially for you ;)

2015-ford-mustang-gt-f-35-lightning-ii-edition-looks-ballistic-photo-gallery-84399_1.jpg

Definitely discreet

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
.....wouldn't end well for the S3 I fear!!

If 0-60 is your benchmark then it would be a toss up; according to tests in the US motorsport mags the V8 'Stang and the S3 both reach 60 mph in 4.6-4.7 seconds. The Mustang is a great looking car though. My neighbour has a purple one. Be sure to budget for tires, naughts, 'cause you'll be smoking them! :busted cop:

Reactions: naughts4187, Simon L and Jassyo06
If 0-60 is your benchmark then it would be a toss up; according to tests in the US motorsport mags the V8 'Stang and the S3 both reach 60 mph in 4.6-4.7 seconds. The Mustang is a great looking car though. My neighbour has a purple one. Be sure to budget for tires, naughts, 'cause you'll be smoking them! :busted cop:

......think you might be flattering the S3 a smidge there and I've read lower figs for the Mustang but hey not gonna split hairs with you .................not much in it eh! :)

Two completely different motors that's for sure................not a huge fan of most American muscle cars but always loved Mustangs ;)

Reactions: naughts4187
omg that car is poop mate!

a dime a dozen in the states at least

Well done that man.

I'm very very tempted too :) V8 and LSD. What's not to like :D

The weight of the car is what's not to like, makes handling a lottery, LSD or not, this thing will not drive well especially on UK B roads.
Cheap as chips (for a V8) though, I just think the V8 novelty will wear off in this case, given the package its wrapped around by.

Interested in what the OP disliked about the S3, and why the replacement was this.
I expect, and I'm not the S3's biggest fan in this respect, that the S3 will drive better than this car does (on UK roads).

The weight of the car is what's not to like, makes handling a lottery, LSD or not, this thing will not drive well especially on UK B roads.

According to specs on the web it's only 279 lbs heavier than the S3, so similar to having a couple of passengers (or one American passenger - okay Weedram, that was uncalled for lol!). The solid rear axle was replaced by independent rear suspension in 2015 which apparently improved handling and comfort quite a lot.

You could solve all the mpg/tyre wear/handling issues by going for the EcoBoost engine. I think it's a great engine for that car. Definitely sounds great - Mustang EcoBoost.

Has a real American muscle car pedigree to it.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Cheap as chips (for a V8) though, I just think the V8 novelty will wear off in this case, given the package its wrapped around by.

Interested in what the OP disliked about the S3, and why the replacement was this.
I expect, and I'm not the S3's biggest fan in this respect, that the S3 will drive better than this car does (on UK roads).

There are lots of heavy cars around. I don't anticipate it to be a nimble & lean athlete. As for the novelty wearing off... we will see. If I keep my cars longer than 12 months then it's rare anyway. I'll have the M2 in my sights once it's been out a year.

Did you test drive it? I didn't think you could test these yet?

Driving in December. Can get a refund if I no likey.

My cousin works for Ford and they have one in the showroom. They aren't allowed to sit in it! Did send me a vid of someone revving it up, sounded awesome. How do you think it will compare to the S3 performance wise? What's the MPG?

Performance wise, I think with the power/weight it will be a similar feel. As for MPG I only get 22mpg from my S3 as I mostly do town driving. My run to work it 14/15mpg sometimes and thats because of the S-tronic / 4cyl issue. My previous TT 3.2 was more efficient with a manual box. So I don't think the Stang will be too different (he says before he hears the V8 sound)

Being from Detroit originally these have a special place in my heart.

This is the first mustang in years that has raised my eyebrows. A blast to drive as well.

You will really enjoy it.

I have to say that my S3 is a real pleasure every time I am in it still however.

But these Mustangs are gorgeous and great to go fast in. Don't love the handling personally but not bad.

Bottom line you need to Love what you Drive. No matter what. I hope you do!

Report back!

Enjoy!

Thank you! Love what you drive indeed. I just think I've had too many Audis. they are all brill cars, but all feel the same to me now. Will report back.

Cool car! No replacement for displacement as they say! However, I am going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think it would take 5k to get the S3 to be a more competent car than the Mustang. It probably already is around corners I would have thought. Im just talking out loud here I have done no reasearch lol.

I know some members have spent a small fortune on their S3's. Suspension, turbo back exhausts, intake, remaps. I totalled it up for me at just shy of £5k. A big whack of that on suspension & exhaust. I may as well look for a different car rather than spend it all. Both cars are very different, and consensus of the Mustang will always laugh at the old school handling, but the EU specced cars have the full US performance package, upgraded dampers, tweaked for EU roads. It's a big powerful rear wheel drive car, very different from a 4cyl Haldex hatchback which hops and understeers a lot (my experience on North Yorkshire roads).

Reactions: Primolak, veeeight and Simon L
I just think I've had too many Audis. they are all brill cars, but all feel the same to me now. Will report back.

a 4cyl Haldex hatchback which hops and understeers a lot (my experience on North Yorkshire roads).

^ This

Couldn't agree more. I'm completely fed up of nursing round a one-dimensional poor handling car around the bends. And also why neither another S3 nor RS3 will be my next car.

I agree. Many didn't get the car to race on the streets and see how bad the understeer is on the tight corners in residential areas and pretend to be a formula 1 race driver....

However, for big cities like Los Angeles with tons of traffic this car works. Those few moments the traffic dies down this car is amazing.

Reactions: naughts4187 and Primolak
In the UK we have open, twisty, challenging, undulating roads :)

We don't have to pretend to drive, we actually can ;)

In the UK we have open, twisty, challenging, undulating roads :)

We don't have to pretend to drive, we actually can ;)
I figured. Maybe the new M2 with a manual is for you.

For me my next car hopefully is the new S4 B9 or MAYBE the RS3 sedan when it hits stateside.

I see Revo US have just taken delivery of their Mustang - It's gonna be brutal !!

Been posted before elsewhere, monkey quite likes the Mustang, despite being a Yewropeeean

Reactions: Blackwhite
Awesome upgrade... and a lot of car for your money right there.