Golf8R owner assaulted and car stolen.

Don't you think that all these Police Programmes do nothing but Glorify the Police, A smoke & Mirrors marketing exercise that takes away the reality of the Lazy, Racist & Misogynistic Police Forces that we actually have in reality to "protect & serve us" ?
I'm not saying you're wrong, but what personal experience do you have of the Police being lazy, racist or misogynistic? That's an awfully sweeping statement about a huge amount of public servants, people that are in regular contact with the worst that society has to offer and to whom all of us would call for help should it be needed. We can all cite programs, or instances on social media or the internet where an officer has fallen short on what's expected of them, but they shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush.

Reactions: rngDeadeye and garethdj
Don't you think that all these Police Programmes do nothing but Glorify the Police, A smoke & Mirrors marketing exercise that takes away the reality of the Lazy, Racist & Misogynistic Police Forces that we actually have in reality to "protect & serve us" ?
I think in a lot of the activity/cases on TV they actually show that the Police have a hard time proving that the 'suspect' is in the wrong and they can prosecute with a decent outcome,

I do have 3 instances of when a cop has lied on his statement of what actually happened, one cost me a 'without due care and attention' when I was 17,
Another was going to do me for 'speeding/dangerous driving/driving in a manner likely to endanger the Public/undue care and attention'

Until he said he said he was also going to give me a producer for my docs, ''no need' I said they're in the car, i asked my mate to open the glove box and pass them to me to which the bent ba*tard said ''Oh, you have a passenger', dont let me see you doing anything wrong again'' He then got in his car and went :sadlike:

Last edited:
I'm not saying you're wrong, but what personal experience do you have of the Police being lazy, racist or misogynistic? That's an awfully sweeping statement about a huge amount of public servants, people that are in regular contact with the worst that society has to offer and to whom all of us would call for help should it be needed. We can all cite programs, or instances on social media or the internet where an officer has fallen short on what's expected of them, but they shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush.
Like any Government "Agency" It has to be "fit for purpose" & i honestly think they are sadly a long way from that currently. It is a horrible despicable largely feral society in which we live, And not for one Second do i think the Police have an easy task.
I do have a certain instance of being a Victim of Police apathy. But the case of Sarah Everard, Steven Ports, The South York Police with the Hillsborough tragedy etc tells you all you need to know about the Police. They have a hell of a lot of bridges to build imho

Like any Government "Agency" It has to be "fit for purpose" & i honestly think they are sadly a long way from that currently. It is a horrible despicable largely feral society in which we live, And not for one Second do i think the Police have an easy task.
I do have a certain instance of being a Victim of Police apathy. But the case of Sarah Everard, Steven Ports, The South York Police with the Hillsborough tragedy etc tells you all you need to know about the Police. They have a hell of a lot of bridges to build imho
I agree that there are failings. As you say, the Steven Ports investigation left a lot to be improved on and should have been dealt with better. As for the Sarah Everard case, anyone can be a murderer or rapist. This perpetrator happened to be a Police officer but that isn't a reflection of the force at large. The Hillsborough disaster was 32 years ago and yes, the Police are blamed for what happened, but the only person to have ever been convicted was an employee of Sheffield Wednesday. I'm not saying the Police are blameless in every scenario, but to put the whole force in the same bracket because of the instances you've mentioned is tarring all of them for the actions of such a small minority. I'm not a fan of the Police despite my posts on here, but if anyone's car was targeted by vandals or thieves, whether they like the Police or not, who are they going to call for help?

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deleted member 160894
I like it. Short and sweet, straight to the point. Not waffling on like me! :)

Haha not trying to a **** with the response either, just genuinely no. Haven’t had any negative experiences fortunately

Haha not trying to a **** with the response either, just genuinely no. Haven’t had any negative experiences fortunately

Me either. I know everyone's experiences of the Police are different but I just think sweeping statements should be replaced by balance. After all, we're not all out at the golden arches doing donuts just because other car enthusiasts are!

Me either. I know everyone's experiences of the Police are different but I just think sweeping statements should be replaced by balance. After all, we're not all out at the golden arches doing donuts just because other car enthusiasts are!

Speak for yourself

I like it too! Short & sweet, but just plain Wrong...