Golf R vs RS3

A think a few people have already helped answer this, but over the last month Ive had the chance to cancel my RS3 (which has been at my dealers for 3+ weeks!) and move into a company Golf R, A45 AMG or TTS.

I've tried my hardest to take a company car!!

When you compare the Golf R to an RS3 on a financial basis things are not very clear cut. Once you add DSG, Leather and 19's the difference is only £5k. Not sure I could live with a Golf R without these as the std seats and alloys are truly horrible.

Lets assume you leave the RS3 std and add the extras suggested above. Put £5k into a PCP, 48 months, 10kmpa.
Your friendly Volkswagen dealer gives you £3k off the car and Audi £1.5k. PCP wise the RS3 is £15 a month cheaper. Golf R's residual is £13.5k vs £21k for the RS3 (remember both on VAG finance)

The difference will stay pretty much the same as you add Metallic, Sat Nav and Mag Ride etc

So unless you're happy with the base spec R then the RS3 should be no more expensive than an R.

After working this out and then seeing I had a factory warranted 60+ BHP more, a noise the R cant even dream of, a nicer power delivery when driving normally and an RS badge. Easy for me.

I love the Golf, but again as others have said there are a lot around, you can spec other Golf's with R styling etc. So sorry Golf.

Well said mate, people don't seem to compare like for like spec. IMO the engine alone puts the rs3 head and shoulders above the Golf R

Reactions: Ashbrummy
I also think the engine is a HUGE plus point for the RS3 .... None of the other cars listed come close for that factor alone.

Reactions: Bond Villain
I wonder which is quicker......

"The premium hatch I liked enough to buy" or the "Other I didn't for whatever reason and have long tossed the brochures for" :iagree: