Golf MK4 Aero Wiper Setup Problem

Ian W

Reaction score
Hi,

I have fitted a set of aero arms from a MK4 Golf but I have an issue in which the passenger wiper hangs over the windscreen seal?

The wiper blades aren't genuine Audi items (came with the arms) but I *believe* they are the correct size? Drivers side is 21" and passenger is 19".

Looking at pictures on other cars, this isn't an issue?

Wipers

Mine:

Wipers2

Any thoughts?

Does anyone have the actual measurements of the genuine Audi items?

front arms:
W1J2 955 410 D
W1J2 955 409 D
front blades:
W1J2 955 425 B
W1J2 955 426 B
Should be these had the same issue I will go out and take a picture of the part number to be sure part number has worn off but 47 cm end to end, That's the shorter one! The larger one is 53cm.

Last edited:
front arms:
W1J2 955 410 D
W1J2 955 409 D
front blades:
W1J2 955 425 B
W1J2 955 426 B
Should be these had the same issue I will go out and take a picture of the part number to be sure part number has worn off but 47 cm end to end, That's the shorter one! The larger one is 53cm.

Thanks for the reply, when you say you had the same issue, did you resolve it with OEM blades or are they too long as well?

Would you mind taking a picture of how yours sit?

Thanks for the reply, when you say you had the same issue, did you resolve it with OEM blades or are they too long as well?

Would you mind taking a picture of how yours sit?
The small blade was either too long or sticks up slightly and looks unsightly as you can see I have resolved it give me 5 minutes and I'll get back to you.
710460d2cc36d0d83a4102592674f63a.jpg
422d30e3c2f00c30fe8b491c08db24f8.jpg

Sent from Syknet Global Defence Network

Reactions: Ian W
The small blade was either too long or sticks up slightly and looks unsightly as you can see I have resolved it give me 5 minutes and I'll get back to you.
710460d2cc36d0d83a4102592674f63a.jpg
422d30e3c2f00c30fe8b491c08db24f8.jpg

Yes that is much more like it :D Very interested as to how you accomplished it :)

Reactions: MPH
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-SUPERB-3U-2002-2005-2X-FRONT-WINDOW-WINDSCREEN-AERO-WIPER-BLADE-SET-PAIR/223289519445?fits=Car+Make:Skoda|Model:Superb&epid=22027210532&hash=item33fd17ad55:g:u8AAAOSwgotcGPlL So I purchased these for the long one perfect fit one year ago and just put the second one on the other day. I will look the other shorter one up for you....it will be MK 4 golf aero blade! the bosch ones are o.k only for the long one the short one sticks up still as I have tried them. So you need https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/eu/1j2955425b-passenger-side-wiper-blade-19-inch.html

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll have to measure my ones later and look at the millimeter measurement to ensure they are actually just a little shorter.

Don't want to spend £20 to find they are exactly the same :tearsofjoy:

One of my front blades was off set , never been able to find a replacement ..... any one have the same ?
ive replaced with long and short ones

the rear 'aero' arm is from a polo ,

the original fit where , not aero

One of my front blades was off set , never been able to find a replacement ..... any one have the same ?
ive replaced with long and short ones

the rear 'aero' arm is from a polo ,

the original fit where , not aero
Yes had that and cured it golf MK 4 blade 1J2955425B or equivalent please lookup �

Tnx , yes that looks like the one ,

1J2955425B , never in local halfords

Well I measured my short one, it is 490mm while the Valeo one is 475mm so it's certainly shorter. Interested to see how they are on yours @MPH

Well that confirms that the wiper blades on mine are definitely longer than OEM !
Correct and the valeo ones seem to be just the right size I just hope they curve around the corner of the screen enough. Found some on eBay £9 delivered so worth a punt for a test to see if the make is any good.

Glad this has been mentioned! Good timing Ian, I’ve just bought myself a pair look much much better than the originals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ian W and MPH
Pics please @S3AMJ

Haven’t got any pics yet bud. Once I get my car back from Badger5 I’ll fit them and post up some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update @MPH

They do seem to sit better than mine, will probably pick up a pair shortly, mine constantly rubbing on the windscreen seal is annoying.

They do seem to sit better than mine, will probably pick up a pair shortly, mine constantly rubbing on the windscreen seal is annoying.
Here's what they should look like.with the correct one drivers side is fine btw shame because they do look nice.lol
3cd649fe9fe4433531ed196da5455baa.jpg
bdea25dc6bcf72261f21e8239499abce.jpg

Hm, so the OEM one is even smaller but the same issue with not sitting completely flush.

The Valeo one will probably be fine for me, not sure I fancy £50 on OEM blades!

Haven't got aero wipers myself and one of you may have tried this already...I would take off the passenger wiper and see if I can increase the curve at the end using a heat gun to warm up the plastic part of the bow.

Obviously not my wipers being bent but maybe worth a try?

Haven't got aero wipers myself and one of you may have tried this already...I would take off the passenger wiper and see if I can increase the curve at the end using a heat gun to warm up the plastic part of the bow.

Obviously not my wipers being bent but maybe worth a try?
I have just tried to bend it physically and it is slightly improved so it may work. Update valeo just a bit longer than the original will leave them on to check. Just checked the performance excellent wiping action so yes recommended after all.
beb212fd5c54cdf39606ebf4c517f16a.jpg
d35dec53c597bb20597409b54092137a.jpg
25af9183704f3974c843aa91a4626914.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: S3AMJ and Ian W

Update the passenger one is just catching When it lands home Might get the dremel out later and see if I can trim it down slightly.

Update the passenger one is just catching When it lands home Might get the dremel out later and see if I can trim it down slightly.

Funnily enough I was thinking of doing something similar to mine this weekend, if I can pull the end cap off, surely just a case of triming 1/4" inch off ?

Funnily enough I was thinking of doing something similar to mine this weekend, if I can pull the end cap off, surely just a case of triming 1/4" inch off ?
Pulled the end cap off Many a wiper previously so yes it's definitely possible.

Reactions: Ian W
So, cut my passenger wiper down, can't say I went mad measuring, just eye'd it up and give it a chop!

Much better now...

IMG 20210206 163701

Reactions: MPH and S3AMJ
Thanks :) I must say I am quite happy how it came out for a quick chop on a rainy afternoon :grinning:
I did have a go at trying to trim the valeo down but the end was stubborn and did not want to come off! So I just settled with bending it lol.

I did have a go at trying to trim the valeo down but the end was stubborn and did not want to come off! So I just settled with bending it lol.

Yes, the end cap was a struggle. I started this job on Tuesday evening but managed to cut a couple of fingers open removing the cap at the time which put a stop to it, when I came to do it on Saturday, the cap was a bit looser and just popped off with a bit of a pull.