Golf Mk4 1.8T GTi Central Locking

mattyn

Reaction score
Good Afternoon
Looking for some expert help. The Mrs 1.8T GTi 3 Door central locking does not work properly. The key fob buttons are knackered anyway, but it still does not worjk from the key in the door.
Well I say it does not work - it unlocks both doors fine, from both doors, as advertised. However when locking, it only locks the door the key is in, so it does not central lock!
I suspected the Convenience Control Unit - bought one and fitted it - the same fault.
I have also downloaded the VAG COM software, and bought a cable on ebay, but it fails to connect properly. So I have not proved its a coding issue.

Any help would be appreciated as the Mrs is getting narky about this! Apparently it is my fault!

Thanks in advance

Matt

Scan it, but the microswitches in the locks themselves are troublesome on mk4s. I presume you have checked the fuse

Hi - Thanks for the reply

Yeah fuses all good - checked those before I ordered the CCU.

I would scan if I can get the chuffing cable/vag com working!

Matt

Yeah - it says correct port ok, but fails to see the car.
Port Status Ok

Interface No Connection Found

Matt

Weird stuff,

Well you can really guess so it needs to be diagnosed. Look on vagcom members map on here and someone with a working vagcom may be able to help you out, that or take it to an auto electrician, they would probably be able to sort it for very little money. Iv taken mine to some when iv been miffed, and always been surprised how reasonable they have been.

Gd luck

Hi matt, second all the stuff the guys have said on here, does the passenger front door have a key hole on it? does it lock and unlock from there? if it does I suspect fault more likely to be with the door latch its self, done loads of them , the micro switch it located in the door latch and when u turn the key it activates the switch, Is there any way of getting ur key fobs to work? idealy the car needs a scan to see what faults are present. Carnt really help u with ur vcds, ive heard of people having trouble with ebay bought leads. I bought mine from ilexia,

Hi TonyThe passenger door unlocks all doors, however locking is restricted to its own door. In short, both doors unlock both doors (central locking) with the key, howver locking only locks that particular door (no central locking).It would surprise me that both door latches are unserviceable, but if one is I assume it would affect the other. I think I might go for ebay replacements and see what happens. They don't seem too expensive.Key fob is knackered - lost the button inside for locking (i.e no clicking) - the unlock button clicks but does not have any effect. I have to use the key in the door.Windows work fine. I still have not had chance to look at the puddle lights in the doors.Matt

Hi matt, not uncommon for both latches to fail. have done a few golfs, skoda with this problem, but its best to get it scanned and check live data for the switch operation to see whats going on. If the doors and boot are all unlocking when key is turned this shows all fuses and central locking circuits must be ok,does the key feel ok in the lock? Ive come across problems with the lock assembly, but this is quite rare

Thanks mate.
The key does feel a bit, well roughand somewhat loose is how i would describe it.
I will let you know how I get on - I understand they are bit of a nightmare to change!

Matt

Hi, yes they are a **** to change if you dont know what you are doing, even taking the lock barrel out is a bit of a fiddle. If you can get the barrel out , then you can manually check the barrel is operating correctly and work the latch microswitch manually to see if it responds, This is if you dont have diagnostics