1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Golf 4 1.8t no compression k n cylinder 2,3 and 4

mogsalie0010 Dec 28, 2017

1. mogsalie0010

mogsalie0010 New Member

After rebuilding my engine and having cylinder head by the engineers, when I tried starting car just wouldnt start. Did compression test and found cylinder 2,3 and 4 have no compression.

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Spike1947

Spike1947 New Member

Hi
    Did you not check all that by turning it by hand after a rebuild first , to see if it turns ok and to check your timing is correct , your first job to doyou would feel the compression when turning it manualy for each cylinder , that operation should of been you our first job to do ! , as for the no compression could be the valve lifters not seating properly , you would have to remove valve cover to chech each lifter on its compression stroke to see if there is a gab between lifter and cam .

cheers

Spike