Going to view a 2008 '58' 8P3 S Line 2.0 TDI

Sukhy

Hello all,

I'm going to view a 58 plate 2.0 TDI S Line 138BHP (CBA engine) with 55,000 miles on the clock. As it's at a main dealership, I have some confidence in buying as they are willing to change the timing belt for me. I've been hunting for 6 months now and have noticed that some of the 2.0 CR TDI engine cars had their EGR valves changed, is this a common issue with these cars? It's registered on 02/09/08 if this helps. Could anyone tell me what I should be looking out for?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sayam

VCDS Map User
Usual stuff mate, full history, HPI check, national mileage register check, check for rusting or rusty wheel arches 'cos they're bad for that.

If the EGR does give you trouble for a few hundred pounds you can blank it, gut the DPF and have the car custom mapped which will fix EGR and/or DPF issues for life so don't worry about that too much.

I'm not 100% sure if the 140BHP engine suffered with the poorly designed oil pump but at 55,000 I doubt it's gonna be a problem.

Should be ok...

Sukhy

Awesome, thanks for the advice Sayam. Unfortunately they sold the car but have since found a much nicer one, it is a sport model but it has so much more in terms of extras. I fell in love when I saw it, going to contact the DS tomorrow.