going to look at this today!! :)

I give you one reason to choose an S3. RAIN!...

word!!!

Seen my fair share of FWD cars (Leons, Ibizas, Polos etc) in various states of tune and every one spins its wheels wet or dry... My S3 doesn't.... simples.... :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

chopper i stand corrected. every LCR i have looked at has had Recaros. Im not looking at the sh!tty ones. i want spec etc.

bit battered tho aint it. door CC unit, typical yellow fade on the paint. Money could go on a better one i think.

I'd have to agree. Had my dads cupra to drive last week. Nice car felt very light but the car would wheelspin in that in the dry and that only has 180bhp. I can imagine a tuned cupra r would be a proper handful and tyre shredder. Depends what's you wants.

yeh in the rain its going to be a mare i would think. simple answer to that tho.. dont play in the rain!! you should not anyways its naughty!! haha!

I had a Leon FR before my S3, Its pretty much the same as a Cupra R, Infact its meant to have better suspension than the earlyer Cupra R.
I much prefer the S3, I had that mapped to 200 bhp and it just spun.
The launch you get from the s3 is so much better, You feel alot better driving it, In my honest opinion it corners better to it feels more precise the leon just felt like you sort of pointed it and it didnt really like you for it .
The whole reason i sold that was to buy a lcr because of the power but i chose the s3 , You will notice a big difference in build quiality :D.

The way the centre console points towards the passenger makes me laugh !, Haven't quite converted it from LHD lol.
Also dont go thinking there lightweight because there not :D.

O and dont get me started on the TCS, Its either on when you seem to get 10 percent power . Or off when you still get 10 percent power lol because it decides it doesn't want to be off.

LOL, after posting on this earlier today, it makes me chuckle that my driving experience today has made me rremember why I bought an S3.

Just been for a drive from Stroud (where I work) across to the other side of Cheltenham. A great bit of road when you go the back B road way from Stroud to Birdlip (which is the way I went).

About 6 miles of open country B road, which is windy, with the sunroof open, gunning the **** off of the car all the way, I suddenly and inexplicably felt complete.

Handles beautifully, and the 4WD just makes country roads at 80+ (kmph obviously :eyebrows:) such a joyous place to be.

Sun in the sky made it all for a nice drive. Big smiles.

Then got stuck behind a tractor and 20 cars all the way back. ****. Damn Gloucestershire. LOL.

LOL, after posting on this earlier today, it makes me chuckle that my driving experience today has made me rremember why I bought an S3.

Just been for a drive from Stroud (where I work) across to the other side of Cheltenham. A great bit of road when you go the back B road way from Stroud to Birdlip (which is the way I went).

About 6 miles of open country B road, which is windy, with the sunroof open, gunning the **** off of the car all the way, I suddenly and inexplicably felt complete.

Handles beautifully, and the 4WD just makes country roads at 80+ (kmph obviously :eyebrows:) such a joyous place to be.

Then got stuck behind a tractor and 20 cars all the way back. ****. Damn Gloucestershire. LOL.

cosign to that!

grip grip grip

if i want propper grip ill buy a scooby again! lest that has propper 4wd :yes:

quattro smotroo blah blah blah... I want LCR... im going to get a LCR End of! newer and nicer looking and dont have the Ego badge attached :) (no offence s3 brudas!)

quattro smotroo blah blah blah... I want LCR... im going to get a LCR End of! newer and nicer looking and dont have the Ego badge attached :) (no offence s3 brudas!)
but you'd be having an upgrade as you have an A3 not an S3 :arco::s3addict:

there we are then !!

/Thread

PS A4's and S4's have proper 4wd too, none of this electronic witchcraft that some of the jap cars have, yawn sensors and active this etc

I didnt expect S3 owners to stick up for the LCR hahaha.

Mate you will be much happier with an LCR than you ever would be with a s3, just a overpriced little brother of the audi range. :yes:

I didnt expect S3 owners to stick up for the LCR hahaha.

Mate you will be much happier with an LCR than you ever would be with a s3, just a overpriced little brother of the audi range. :yes:

nor did i fella... shocked the threads still open if im honest.. thought it would be locked by now for fear if it kicking off!

I will be happy in my LCR thanks... i look forwards to finding a good 1.

Had it kicked off, it would have been locked, but it's all been good.

The LCR is just a cheap K04'd A3 in a spanish dress

The S3 is a completley different car. I know they share similar parts, but as a whole package the cars are chalk and cheese.

Good luck with it, most of what you have learnt from the A3's/A4's will carry over to the LCR so it's all good.

The LCR is just a cheap K04'd A3 in a spanish dress

The S3 is a completley different car. I know they share similar parts, but as a whole package the cars are chalk and cheese.

Good luck with it, most of what you have learnt from the A3's/A4's will carry over to the LCR so it's all good.

yep, my wallet cant afford a S3.... The LCR is perfect for me. i never said it was better than a S3 i said you get more for ya money. Just like a chicken shop and kfc..... get more in ya bucket for a tenner at the chicken shop than you do at KFC... it does the same thing its just rolls down to the branding.

Yep thanks for the info and all i have learned.. most of which i learned from you mark in the 2 Engines we have changed together :)

:laugh: lol S3 being compared to KFC

I still think you should get an S3 :p

Good luck on your LCR search.

i have both of them on my favs geeza:) im liking both of them :)

to the peoples PMing me... lmfao funny how many of you aint got the balls to say things publicly!! (muhahaha) keep them comming and thanks for the support! lol funny shizzle!

who-cares.jpg

S3 > LCR

If you buy a LCR, does that mean we'll be seeing a lot less of you? :happy:

lmfao.... had to be golf to say it!! unfortunatly mate... i could not give you and a few others the satisfaction of me not being about. i thrive from annoying some of you! x x x x specially you golf :sly:

i thrive from annoying some of you! x x x x specially you golf :sly:
If you do go there is more than enough annoying peeps on here to keep us mods busy G so no worries

hahahaha

who's been PM-ing you about this thread G? and what have they said?

and more importantly, why are we calling you G?

coz G`s me name!! i cant say whos pm`in me as they pm`ed me for a reason!! dont want to grass anyone up.. tom mite be reading :p

yes mate i have 2 sensors sat on me desk!! so its kinda half sorted!! hah! have not driven the car since yesterday tho. i will investigate how to change them tomorrow :)

disconnect plugs, undo the old ones, pull them out, push the new ones in, do them up again, reconnect plugs. Feel smug and proud

Amen brother! Once thing though - what's with the blanket 50mph speed limit around there? Boooo.... Roads in those parts are awesome though.

ALPINE. Bottom line is do what makes you happy. LCR it up matey, you'll be happy as a sand boy.

I for one wish you the best with whatever car you choose. They're all VAG. :thumbsup:

hey no disrespect G.... i dont think any of us wish you any hardship ;)

just make sure you give us the heads up when you convert to the top of the VAG range :)