Going lower than sline suspension

matt.russell

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking at some photos of my car and not happy with the stance..

Is there any springs that can make me lower than i am now ? I really don't want coilovers as i had them on my old car and for a daily it was hell to drive on the back roads ! (

This is my car now..

IMG 0839

Can you feel alot of difference in driving with lowering springs I.e comfort and bouncy ?

Have you got the sport suspension or the sline option? (I don't know when Audi started making sline suspension an option over the sports suspension on A4) Ive had to spec it on my new car.

Mine came with -[1BE] Sports suspension I would like to drop it down about 10/15mm as it does sit a bit high ... If I could lower it without making the ride harder then I would do it ....

So if someone knows what springs to use to drop it around 15mm without making the ride any stiffer than it is then tell me which ones to buy please :)

Last edited:
You won't get much good handling unless you address the dampers at the same time. With springs such as eibach sportline Vogtland and the kW 50mm you will get the looks but I will change the dampers to sports one, preferably an inverted monotube type such as the B8 by Bilstien.

Mine came with -[1BE] Sports suspension I would like to drop it down about 10/15mm as it does sit a bit high ... If I could lower it without making the ride harder then I would do it ....

So if someone knows what springs to use to drop it around 15mm without making the ride any stiffer than it is then tell me which ones to buy please :)

The SLine springs (1BV) will give you an extra 10mm, and on the plus side thats still OEM!

Reactions: Anthony566
i think the tyre stretch is making it look worse? and the angle of the photo

The SLine springs (1BV) will give you an extra 10mm, and on the plus side thats still OEM!

That's a good point Jay ... And I would like to stay OEM really .... Does any one have part numbers for the lower versions as I am going to TPS today so will get a price.

Yeah I have SLine package suspension.. I'm going to put 20mm spacers on the back, what springs should I go for that isn't going to kill my ride comfort but also take that arch gap away..

That's a good point Jay ... And I would like to stay OEM really .... Does any one have part numbers for the lower versions as I am going to TPS today so will get a price.

You will have to ask someone nicely who has the sling suspension, as they have colour coded dots on the actual springs! Its quite hard to find the right ones in the parts catalogue.

I have my sline suspension sitting in a box do you want me to have a look on the springs for you ???

Reactions: Jay.Ing
You won't get much good handling unless you address the dampers at the same time. With springs such as eibach sportline Vogtland and the kW 50mm you will get the looks but I will change the dampers to sports one, preferably an inverted monotube type such as the B8 by Bilstien.

correct. I have eibach sportlines with standard dampers and its a ***** of a ride.Stance is great though

I have my sline suspension sitting in a box do you want me to have a look on the springs for you ???

I would also be very much obliged for the colour codes off the springs a i need some to put back on my 2.tdi as ive had enough of my sportlines

I would also be very much obliged for the colour codes off the springs a i need some to put back on my 2.tdi as ive had enough of my sportlines

Yeah no bother I will get them tomorrow for you :)

Reactions: johnnythepie
Haven't had chance to go to my spot the last couple of days been really busy but I am going tonight for sure so will check them out for you :/

Got them but the fronts are hard to work out :/ the rears are 3x pink 1x grey 1x green the fronts look like 1x pink and what looks like 2x orange but they are faded its quite hard to tell I will add pics for you to look at for yourself ;) hope that is of some use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: johnnythepie