going in for a gander

Sprintblu3

Reaction score
I want a s1 sportback and will be going into audi warrington when i can. I want to spend £300 per month with a £5k deposit. I want it well specced as i have built myself on audi site coming in at £33k. Am i best going straight to audi for best finance quotes or going through a car broker (carwow)? Etc etc.

Thanks
Jack

I pay £530pcm on a £35k S1 with a £1k deposit over 48 months. So I don't think you are going to get to £300, maybe £400 is more realistic.
Your best bet is to try all the online brokers first to see what the current discount rates are like, then use that knowledge to push your dealer in that direction (however don't expect them to meet the same discount levels).
The only way you will reach £300pcm would be if you can find a 5 year PCP I reckon.
Be interested to see how you get on.

Reactions: Sprintblu3
£13, but the car will be worth a lot more as the GFV doesn't take any options into account

Hi, guys I'm in negotiations with a Audi dealer on a S1, pretty much same spec as the bumblebee:icon thumright: but with the pan roof, which is a 35k car, i have a 5k deposit over 36 months for £500pcm with gap thrown in for free.

so i very much doubt you will get it for 300pcm not unless you take it out on a 5 year as previously stated

couple of things i couldn't work out is if you have the interior Quattro pack, the interior panels colour HAVE to be yellow, red or gloss black ,so if you want a white car for instance the interior panel will be yellow, red or gloss black......:wtf:SO WHY CANT THEY BE WHITE like the outside :keule:???

other thing they will only paint it gloss white NOT the matt white of the A1 quattro.....:wtf:ITS NOT AS IF THEY'VE NEVER USED THE PAINT BEFORE, its proberbly still sat on there shelve

rant over........and breath

Reactions: Sprintblu3 and josedebardi
i pay £369pcm with a £4k deposit on mine and its pretty high spec from stafford audi i was offered a pretty basic spec one from stockport audi for £299 but it had nothing on it and i wanted certain options

im talking ready built in stock not new orders!

I tried to upload saved photo but not happening. But the car itself comes to £33165. Options as follows:
Advanced key
Aluminum gearknob
Auto dimming rear mirror
Bose surround speakers
Contrast roof
Cruise control
Heated/folding side mirrors
Leather front arm rest
Heated front seats
Gloss black surrounds
Quattro interior package
Quattro exterior package
Rear parking sensors
Satnav sd card based.

I could get rid of maybe the cruise control

Wow these S1's aren't cheap to finance are they?

My S3 was £33,500 after discount - £400 a month with £3,700 deposit on 36 months.

I'm sure when I looked at the S1 the GFV was quite high?

Wow these S1's aren't cheap to finance are they?

My S3 was £33,500 after discount - £400 a month with £3,700 deposit on 36 months.

I'm sure when I looked at the S1 the GFV was quite high?

The S1 residual value is not as high as you'd think (or want as an owner). I would exercise caution in the amount of options people choose as this is just bonus factor for the dealer when they take it in p/ex. (OK so they may add a bit extra especially if you're a return customer)

Comparisons on Whatcar seem to put it as the worst overall against a Golf R, S3, GTI in terms of depreciation over 3 years.

After buying my S1 another dealer I bought my S3 off said there are not many people willing to spend £30K on an A1.

I certainly agree though, for the price of a spec'd S1 you can have an S3. However I do like my S1 :)

The S1 residual value is not as high as you'd think (or want as an owner). I would exercise caution in the amount of options people choose as this is just bonus factor for the dealer when they take it in p/ex. (OK so they may add a bit extra especially if you're a return customer)

Comparisons on Whatcar seem to put it as the worst overall against a Golf R, S3, GTI in terms of depreciation over 3 years.

After buying my S1 another dealer I bought my S3 off said there are not many people willing to spend £30K on an A1.

I certainly agree though, for the price of a spec'd S1 you can have an S3. However I do like my S1 :)

I did one of these Audi Sport events a few days ago and there was all sorts there from the RS and S ranges that you could drive - however one thing I thought was odd was that no one was taking out the S1. It sat there all day unused.

S3 (SB, Cab and saloon), RSQ3 and SQ5 seemed to be the most popular for test drives of the cars the dealer brought to the event (the RS cars were provided from Audi UK).

Lovely looking thing but guess once specced up you are in to S3 money. Difficult decision to make!

Try HCS, he's a very good guy, he's helped me source cars in the past. Guys name is Julian Howarth, tell him I recommended him

so went to audi today and luckily enough they had a s1 in as a demo car. quite well specced minus the interior quattro pack and a armrest. anyways theyre after £29k for the car and lowest payments of £375 per month with £6k deposit over 48months but didnt go much more into detail on the balloon figures happy with those figures to be fair as i didnt know what i was going have to pay and little over my budget to. going to ring in the week and ask if they can arrange pickup from another audi dealership of a s1 exactly the same and a armrest.