Going from S3 to TDI, advice needed

Alfachats

Reaction score
So I’ve decided to sell my S3 and get something more suitable for daily duties, I commute 50 miles a day and mainly sit in 40mph A road traffic so the S3 is totally wasted.
I thinking something like a diesel A3 with dsg would be a good choice but looking at auto trader it seems the 2.0tdi only have 130bhp, I remember having a mk4 1.9 Golf with that much power so thought there would be a fair bit more with a more modern engine.
Is that figure correct? Can these be mapped and can anyone maybe recommend a more suitable engine choice.
Basically I’d like 200 ish bhp and dsg.

Thanks

Rog.

What age are you after? 2.0 tdi models from 2004-2012 have 140/170 bhp and 2013 on wards 150/184 bhp..

So I’ve decided to sell my S3 and get something more suitable for daily duties, I commute 50 miles a day and mainly sit in 40mph A road traffic so the S3 is totally wasted.
I thinking something like a diesel A3 with dsg would be a good choice but looking at auto trader it seems the 2.0tdi only have 130bhp, I remember having a mk4 1.9 Golf with that much power so thought there would be a fair bit more with a more modern engine.
Is that figure correct? Can these be mapped and can anyone maybe recommend a more suitable engine choice.
Basically I’d like 200 ish bhp and dsg.

Thanks

Rog.
As said above you can get 8p’s in 140 and 170bhp. If you get a decent remap for a 140 then you’d expect 180 - 190 bhp, if you get a decent remap for a 170 then you’d expect between 200 and 215bhp.
Not sure if there are many dsg’s about as I’m a manual person myself.

Thanks for the replies fellas, so how can I find out which are the more powerful models, also do I need to worry about mileage?

Each to their own, but if the S3 is wasted, what’s the point in buying a diesel then tuning it? That’d be wasted too.

look on autotrader. Most of the 2.0 Tdi s-line are the 170 variants. Mileage wise just go as low as you can find and make sure it’s has everything done at the right time. Looked after properly these last for ever.

Thanks for the replies fellas, so how can I find out which are the more powerful models, also do I need to worry about mileage?
What do you mean how can you find out which are the more powerful models? When you look at an advert it’s guna tell you in the advert somewhere what power it has.

I've got the 140bhp version remapped to 190bhp. I get around 500miles on a tank (mainly motorway driving). I'd say find yourself a quattro model