GO-KARTING for a good cause **PLEASE READ**

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
In response to a thread posted up by @Garth_S3 asking for our help;

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/funding-help-requested-for-my-autistic-son.252558/#post-2555623

We have decided to host an event in order to raise money to get Ben and his family the treatment they are so desperately searching for.

Please all take a moment to read the thread and visit the donation page where you can find out a little more about Ben and the struggle he and his family face.

*If you do wish to donate online, please feel free to do so using the link in the original thread.

As we are all petrolheads in some way shape or form, i have chosen Go-Karting for this event...

I couldn't think of a better way for car enthusiasts to have fun whilst raising money for Ben.

Let's get this one on the road guys, who's up for some karting??

Shaun.

Last edited:
Thank you Shaun. Will be excellent working with you on this ;) x

Thank you both very much. I'm really excited about this too. I'd love to meet all the guys and girls that have shown such generosity. The support from this forum has been incredible :)

Reactions: Sandra
Look forward to helping raising the funds for Ben. All the Yorkshire boys are lovely and hearts of gold as so many on this forum have.;)

Do you have an xescape or go ape near you shaun...? Or maybe a laser quest?@ShaunS3

Reactions: ShaunS3
Yes..

Thanks for your suggestions Sandra. Liking laserquest, some nostalgia attached lol.

Yes..

Thanks for your suggestions Sandra. Liking laserquest, some nostalgia attached lol.
Look forward to hearing about that shaun. You think that be a possibility? ;) x

Hi all,

Think i am leaning towards go-karting for this event. Few reasons really...

Not something we have done as a group before and given we are all petrolheads in some way shape or form, its a good way to have enjoy ourselves and raise money for Ben.

Now to find an awesome track to attend...

Anyone have any objections to travelling a little further a field to get a good track?

Shaun.

Reactions: AVLO and Sandra
That sounds like a great idea. I love a bit of karting :)

A bit far, but I know a great outdoor track up in the north east.
The only one I know of round this way is Pole position in Leeds. I have no idea if it's any good though.
Thanks Shaun

If going up to the north east we could invite local members in that section to join in :) x

The one i know is good is Warden Law up near Sunderland. Here's the website:
http://www.kartingnortheast.com

I've been there a few times for work parties and a stag do

Tbh...i think people would be reluctant to travel so far, especially if coming from South Yorkshire.

Also the problem of the weather at this time of year with an outdoor track, you can never guarantee the weather. Indoor karting may be the best option for us.

Teamsport have just taken over at Leeds Pole Position but it looks to be a bery short track compared to their Warrington one which is double the length. That's not to say it isn't any good though....

Leeds may be best for being the most centralised location for the majority to attend perhaps.

Shaun.

Tbh...i think people would be reluctant to travel so far, especially if coming from South Yorkshire.

Also the problem of the weather at this time of year with an outdoor track, you can never guarantee the weather. Indoor karting may be the best option for us.

Teamsport have just taken over at Leeds Pole Position but it looks to be a bery short track compared to their Warrington one which is double the length. That's not to say it isn't any good though....

Leeds may be best for being the most centralised location for the majority to attend perhaps.

Shaun.

This all sounds like a great idea and I will be interested in coming (as long as it's up north!!).

Just a suggestion Shaun...

I am from Warrington and have been to the track in Warrington (a little while ago however...)
The track is multi-level which I think is quite cool! It's great fun there and easy to get too from the M56,M6 and M62.

(1,000m and 35 corners apparently! May have been upgraded since I went)

Reactions: ShaunS3 and Sandra
Yep, I've been to the TeamSport one in Warrington, that is the length of track i was after tbh just not sure if people will travel that far as its a good hours drive for most.

Agree its a good track, TeamSport have just taken over Pole Position in Leeds, shorter track but doesn't always mean not any good.

Shaun.

Yep, I've been to the TeamSport one in Warrington, that is the length of track i was after tbh just not sure if people will travel that far as its a good hours drive for most.

Agree its a good track, TeamSport have just taken over Pole Position in Leeds, shorter track but doesn't always mean not any good.

Shaun.

Yeah, depends what people want. Better track and a bit further of a drive or a shorter track and a shorter drive?

Personally I'd go for the better track as you'll end up paying the same for the experience so may as well go for the better track? But that's very easy for me to say living 5 minutes away! :)

Yeah, depends what people want. Better track and a bit further of a drive or a shorter track and a shorter drive?

Personally I'd go for the better track as you'll end up paying the same for the experience so may as well go for the better track? But that's very easy for me to say living 5 minutes away! :)
I would also go for the better track/experience myself.

Reactions: Matthew_S3
Just to throw in a curve ball, the F1 place an york has a decent indoor track(for the typical british weather) went a few year ago mind but might be worth a butchers

This one? http://karting.uk.com/track

Looks ok yeah! It's pretty much EXACTLY the same layout as a track I was on in Nottingham and that was great fun.

To be honest, I think whatever the track it will be fun! Just some more than others!

Reactions: mattiekane
Well I for one will go anywhere obviously
Cheers

Reactions: Matthew_S3
I dont mind the travelling for a better track tbh but obviously it will depend on others..