Glow Plug light flashing

Raffaz

Reaction score
Hi,
I was driving to work this morning and my glowplug light started flashing yellow and the car seemed to go into limp mode. I have just came home in the car and had no issues, I have scanned the car and got the following error:

1 Fault Found:
000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation
P0299 - 006 - Control Range Not Reached - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 39
Mileage: 118213 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.01.03
Time: 07:41:26
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2272 /min
Torque: 280.0 Nm
Speed: 114.0 km/h
71.76 %
Voltage: 14.46 V
Pressure: 2215.2 mbar
Pressure: 1767.9 mbar

Just wondering if anyone can advise what needs done next?

Should I just reset the error and see if it happens again, or could it be more serious?

Cheers

Mick

I had this happen last year. Turned out to be a sensor, nothing drastic. Can't remember exactly what they replaced without looking but the fault was the same as yours. It then had to go back and have the turbo rod adjusted!

Cheers for the reply

I have just been looking up the meaning for fault priority, a rating of 5 is not meant to affect the performance of the car in any way, is that rating normally accurate?

I am not so sure matey sorry. I just got it booked in and read properly and repaired to prevent any further problems. Mine went into limp mode too.

Cheers for the reply

I have just been looking up the meaning for fault priority, a rating of 5 is not meant to affect the performance of the car in any way, is that rating normally accurate?

Don't risk it

I had the same fault on a 170 brd A4 s-line.Did a vacuum test & the inlet actuator (pt/no 03g129061c £13 from TPS) wouldn't hold vacuum.Changed it & cleaned all the oily residue from the inlet manifold as you have to remove the manifold to fit the actuator. The butterflies in the manifold were severely gummed up. It now running like a 170 should & no longer has the lumpy Rickover it had before. Hope this helps.