Glovebox

Jtaylor

Reaction score
So my glovebox has snapped on the passenger door side, audi say its not covered under warranty and want £266 pahahaha.
I've searched the classifieds but to no success. So my question is have any of you got an S3 8p3 glovebox for sale? Thanks.

Cheers I had a look at that but it isn't the actual hinge that's broken it's where it joins at the bottom

Cheers I had a look at that but it isn't the actual hinge that's broken it's where it joins at the bottom

Mines done the same :( Is this a well known fault with the A3?

nope not really, how did you manage to snap or brake it mukka?

Not sure how its happened, my thought is that I use spotify via the ami so the glovebox gets opened and closed a lot. I've blamed the wench anyway. Aswell as her opening the door into a stone wall!!!

The brake element on the left side dries up & becomes stiffer to open/close & this causes weak areas to snap.

I may have a glovebox or 2 available, need to check stock.

Post pics of the damage as I can repair them aswell.

All I did was got some super strong glue...took part the glove box...cut the rubber washer a little so it's slightly smaller...glued the part back left it between 2 heavy items stood up on its side over 24hours and fixed. Been fixed for 2.5yeara no issues the box works like brand new. There is a fix for these on a thread just have a search bud