Glovebox iPod dock problems.

kami136

Reaction score
I'm having a few problems with the iPod dock in my a3. It was working fine up until about a week ago and then it started only playing from the left speakers, now it doesn't plat at all.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it ?

Or even just know how to remove the dock, just so I could have a better look (its in a pretty awkward position!). I removed the two little screws but it doesn't seem to want to budge.

I don't fancy taking it to Audi who no doubt will charge me an arm and a leg!

Cheers guys.

It removes with radio keys, screws don't do anything to remove.

We can fix the issue & we have another unit if you
required one.

It removes with radio keys, screws don't do anything to remove.

We can fix the issue & we have another unit if you
required one.
How would I go about removing it with the keys? Sure I have a set somewhere. If not, how much would a unit cost ?

Thanks

I have the same problem my head unit reads the fone I can change track with the head unit but no sound iv removed the actuall I phone connection checked it its all fine no snapped cables or damaged cables now I'm stuck on way it could be I can easily remove the whole I pod docking unit from the glovebox but wat do I do next any ideas ?

I have the same problem my head unit reads the fone I can change track with the head unit but no sound iv removed the actuall I phone connection checked it its all fine no snapped cables or damaged cables now I'm stuck on way it could be I can easily remove the whole I pod docking unit from the glovebox but wat do I do next any ideas ?

Sorry I can't help massively but I'm guessing a whole new cable to go in to the back of the head unit.

Also how did you manage to remove the iPod dock from the glovebox? I've taken the two screws out and that's as far as I've gotten ! :( cheers!

Sorry I can't help massively but I'm guessing a whole new cable to go in to the back of the head unit.

Also how did you manage to remove the iPod dock from the glovebox? I've taken the two screws out and that's as far as I've gotten ! :( cheers!

If you read the whole thread... Nigel did explain that it comes out using radio keys?

and theres a lovely how to video on youtube :)