Glovebox damper & N/S/F door lock

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can buy a glovebox damper and near side front door lock for less than £83.60 and £258, respectively. The car is a 1.8T saloon.

I can live without the door at the moment because it still locks via the central locking, but the glovebox is driving me mad. It's a good job the CD interchanger buttons light up.

The only issue I have with the door lock is that the interior lights don't work and the DIS system doesn't recognise that the door is open; so the car locks itself whilst I am still sitting in the passenger seat!

Come to think of it, the DIS doesn't even indicate that the bonnet is open.

Cheers

:icon_thumright:

Volksmine in Stoke were breaking a 2005 S4 cabriolet. Not sure how much of it they have left though. I had the Xenon headlamps, but they might be able to help. Ask for Mark - he's very very helpful

Andy

is the glovebox not opening fully? if so prise the pannel at the side of the dash with your key (door has to be open) and you should be able to remove the plastic rivit that holds the damper onto the door. I have just fixed mine as the rivit had broken but i now know why! Think i will remove the new one as the door does not drop nicely and has to be pushed!

andyccr said:
Volksmine in Stoke were breaking a 2005 S4 cabriolet. Not sure how much of it they have left though. I had the Xenon headlamps, but they might be able to help. Ask for Mark - he's very very helpful

Andy

Thanks...I will give them a call becuse it is a bit of a treck for me living in the South East.

samuelt said:
is the glovebox not opening fully? if so prise the pannel at the side of the dash with your key (door has to be open) and you should be able to remove the plastic rivit that holds the damper onto the door. I have just fixed mine as the rivit had broken but i now know why! Think i will remove the new one as the door does not drop nicely and has to be pushed!

Yes I discovered the switch when I wanted to change a fuse and realised I was on the wrong side of the car. The pin had been pulled out by the main dealer (who told me it was broken), but I have put it back in...to no avail!

:sorry: Cheers

Unfortunately I have missed the boat. Does anyone know of another breaker who is currently removing a boot lock from an A4? Preferbly around the London area or outskirts; better still west of London.

:keule:

£258 for a door lock! Audi are taking the ****. I needed this for our Bora and it was £60 from VW. The failure is caused by a faulty/dirty microswitch which could possibly be cleaned. Worth a try before buying a replacement