Glove compartment How do you ?

ang12el

Reaction score
Would seem that the catch on my glove compartment is broken the whole lock just moves around when putting the key in.
question is how do you get the compartment open as I cant seem to see a way in and dont want to snap it off ... is there someone out there who can point me in the right direction please

:)

Hi

I have this same problem i.e. I still have not got it fixed.
But I have been able to get it open.
The lock is wasted I think.

To the side of the glovebox when you open the passenger door, there is a panel that you can remove. You should be able to prise it off real easy, but be gentle just in case.
Towards the top beside the glovebox door there is a (door)snip and latch.
You just need to press in the snip and the door should pop open for you.
:rockwoot:
You can now open and close this way at will...but do get it fixed.

I was looking at this in other forums and it is possible to do it yourself but you need to order the part. You just need the time and the ability. I am short on both at the moment.

If i get a chance I will post some links here for you to look up.

Hope it works

Vin

vincenzo_2k said:
Hi

I have this same problem i.e. I still have not got it fixed.
But I have been able to get it open.
The lock is wasted I think.

To the side of the glovebox when you open the passenger door, there is a panel that you can remove. You should be able to prise it off real easy, but be gentle just in case.
Towards the top beside the glovebox door there is a (door)snip and latch.
You just need to press in the snip and the door should pop open for you.
:rockwoot:
You can now open and close this way at will...but do get it fixed.

I was looking at this in other forums and it is possible to do it yourself but you need to order the part. You just need the time and the ability. I am short on both at the moment.

If i get a chance I will post some links here for you to look up.

Hope it works

Vin

Thank You for the reply I will give it a go and post back,however if you do get chance to get some pictures posted up I would appreciate it just in case

:friends:

Sorry I cant post photos at moment.
Let me know though if you had any problem and I will describe it in detail. The snip is in line with the lock on glovebox door. Just try and press it in with your finger and it should pop easily and door opens.
....And make sure glovebox is not locked with key when you try this. lol:jester: